Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: popcorn ceiling

I have scraped popcorn from my master bedroom and bath as well as my babies nursery its not that bad. as has been stated its a damn mess if you are going to replace floors leave the carpet down until its all off. wet about a 1'x4' area and scrape it with a sheetrock knife. then refinish followed by prime and see what you missed and then paint. I can see spots I left but nobody else can. when I do the downstairs I will hire it done because it takes to long to be done

Thanks Charlie Horse, the info. is appreciated. I ended up paying $2.50 sq ft.
    The price seemed fair enough due to the condition of the ceiling. I was also willing to pay a premium to get it done immediately. Closed on a condo last Wednesday, contractor started scraping Thursday afternoon. Between new carpet and wood flooring through out the whole house, complete demo and reno of 2 baths and the kitchen with a move in date of June 10th, I assure you I don't have time to be scratching on a damn ceiling for 2 weeks.
    I wish I would have had a little more time before moving to the condo but my current house sold real fast. It hit the MLS on Thursday, May 4th and I had 4 offers, each one over asking price by Saturday and we signed a contract on Sunday.