Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lack of gobbling in Upstate

But I am ok with you being a legend in your own mind.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Cromer, If by " doing your thing" you mean not killing Gobblers, you are the by God best I have ever seen at that.
    Dare we say, Legion...

Wait for it..

...Dary!

Last edited by Glenn; 04-12-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Cromer, If by " doing your thing" you mean not killing Gobblers, you are the by God best I have ever seen at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

This is some attempt at Cromer to trick someone into a little buttholin time on public land
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

So now the people that hunt and kill turkeys on this thread have been classified as field hunters. All these monotonous threads lead me to believe you're just looking for attention. As Derrick asked, have you hunted other places other than the same old spots?

Or maybe you're just plain old and need hearing aids, because every turkey no matter what will gobble. He may gobble a little today and more tomorrow, but gobble he will.....and even then they don't need to gobble to die.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I agree with Ricky.

Turkeys gobble.

If you are seeing turkeys, they are gobbling at some point in the day, it's just what they do.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

i agree with rickey in that they dont need to gobble to die.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Say when Cromer! If my schedule will allow it I'll come kill one of your birds. But we will hunt my way, not yours. If that's not acceptable then quit your bitching.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I don't give a rats ass about killing a turkey that ain't gobblin.
    I agree with you on this, Lab.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Say when Cromer! If my schedule will allow it I'll come kill one of your birds. But we will hunt my way, not yours. If that's not acceptable then quit your bitching.
    He can't walk that fast. Hell, I can't

I am hunting a big, old, sneaky, smart bird that I have seen three times, and have not heard him gobble once. He slips in, takes a look, might hang out a minute or two, and slinks off. I don't care if he never gobbles, if I get lucky enough to put myself in front of him inside of 50 yards, I am going to assassinate him. Gobble, don't gobble, who cares. Its still a challenge, and its still fun even if he is a turkey mime.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 04-12-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I enjoy hearing one spit and drum in gun range way better than a bunch of courtesy gobbling ( like Cromer gets) any day.

Gobbling attracts more than hens... The old pffffffffffffftvroom means you have fooled him..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Successful hunters have the ability to make a none gobbling turkey turn into a gobbling fool in minutes.

A turkey is gonna turkey, if he doesn't do what you want then try something different and shoot him with a shotgun.

I enjoy hearing one spit and drum in gun range way better than a bunch of courtesy gobbling ( like Cromer gets) any day.

Gobbling attracts more than hens... The old pffffffffffffftvroom means you have fooled him..
    Yessir!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Yes, I do intentionally limit myself by the way I hunt, which is only shooting a gobbling working bird within 30 yards or so. With that being said, I ain't complaining about not killing one, I'm complaining about lack of gobbling, that is THE reason I go in the first place. I don't knock what anyone else does and I know my style limits me a lot. Some people only bow hunt deer, I do my thing with the turks.
    I'm the same way. The gobble is what got me going. I can't sit still long enough to still hunt a turkey. Especially sitting on the ground with snakes! If I don't hear a gobble, I keep moving til I find one. Unfortunately this year I'm not hearing much at all, but I haven't gone much either. The bird I killed this year happened by pure luck that I walked in a private spot I have, hit the call, and the bastard gobbled 20 steps from me behind some thick bushes. I stepped to the right and he took off running, and I killed him. I haven't had a fired up, gobbling every breath, heart pounding hunt yet this season, and it's aggravating! But that's part of what keeps it's fun.
    867-5309

I myself like the trill of sneeking up to a bird in plain sight. From my last 5 birds, 3 have been ninja'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

This x100! It's more exciting when suddenly there is drumming all around you and you can't see him. If he's gobbling, you know where he is.....

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    I myself like the trill of sneeking up to a bird in plain sight. From my last 5 birds, 3 have been ninja'd.
    Did you kill them with throwing stars? Now that would be pretty cool....
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.