Bible Study Verse
Luke 22:7-20
Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover."
"Where do you want us to prepare for it?" they asked.
He replied, "As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, and say to the owner of the house, 'The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?' He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there."
They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.
When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."
After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. (NIV)

Thoughts
A few years back a young game warden called me during deer season and asked, "your daughters get a deer yet?" When I replied to the negative he shared a location where he had seen a couple of bucks running together and should be easy to "glass-up" in the morning if I followed his directions. This was a real step of faith issue for me as I hardly knew this young man. Long story short, we spotted the bucks at sunrise and both daughters simultaneously filled their tags that morning after a challenging stalk.

Today is the first day of Passover (calendars vary). This afternoon will mark the day the captive Israelites in Egypt were commanded by God to slaughter a lamb, spread the blood over their doorposts, eat the lamb in haste. "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt," Exodus 12:12-13 (NIV).

Immediately thereafter was their rescue and exodus from Egypt.

Action Point
How many times have you been told the secret location of deer or a fishing honey hole by a stranger or someone you hardly know? I'm a skeptic. Promise me good fortune and I want to know what's in it for you!

The Israelites had to step out on faith with essentially a self appointed leader they didn't know, taking his lead from a God they were not so close to anymore. Yet, in the end Moses led them, and God was true to them.

Jump ahead a few thousand years and that same God sends His Son to teach, lead and show us how to walk His Walk. He sits with His disciples for the Passover meal and tells them when you do these things do them "in remembrance of Me." This same man, Jesus the Messiah, became our Passover Lamb. Once and for all.

Will you walk as He did? Do you know what His walk looked like? The gospels paint a pretty clear picture. Follow His example, and when you take part in the Passover like His disciples, do it in remembrance of His ministry and sacrifice for you!
(Ruben C)

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Honesty is always the best policy I say. One of my most productive elk hunting areas was revealed to me by a complete stranger engaged in "trail-side" conversation one evening, just by being honest and sharing information from my scouting trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk