Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got bored, went 6.5x47...

When I got my first can, after shooting a bunch of regular 308 rounds through it, it seemed like a good idea to try shooting it without the can just to fully appreciate what difference it makes. HOLY SHIT! It was not only punishingly louder but it felt like I got slapped over my whole body. I still wear protection when shooting but I'd still rather shoot with a can. With the can, I feel like I can get away with one or two shots without plugs while hunting. I won't shoot a gun without either the can or plugs or muffs. It'll spoil you and make it a lot less enjoyable to shoot it without.

My little .22 rifle with the integrally suppressed barrel has become my absolute favorite gun because it has all the benefit of suppression without any extra length or bulk. It's also made me better at judging distance and estimating holdover shooting while subsonics. For pest and critter elimination, I often get second and third shots because they hear the bullet strike much louder than the report and action cycle.

130s at 2900 is pretty nifty.. I got a pile of RL 17 but gotta get through a pile of H4350 first. Sharp rig.
    Genesis 9;2