Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7mm-08 kids ammo

Folded up jacket prone works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post

As far as the kick, it's not bad but I don't think I would give it to my child to shoot yet. I did shoot my .270 afterwards, again, Ballistic Silvertips 130 grain and I felt like I got kicked by a mule after shooting the 7mm-08 about 30 times.
    I noticed you're in S'ville. I'm in Goose Creek. If you want to try a few of the Remington managed recoil rounds in it. give me a shout. I've got a couple of boxes of them.

Quote Originally Posted by santeerangerman View Post
    I noticed you're in S'ville. I'm in Goose Creek. If you want to try a few of the Remington managed recoil rounds in it. give me a shout. I've got a couple of boxes of them.
    Nice offer. I'll let you know but not really looking to make a change just yet. This rifle is for me for the time being.

You're only as good as your zero. I look down the barrel with my rifle cradled in a shooting bag. Im usually close enough at 100 yds that it only takes a couple of clicks adjustment. Not much wasted ammo. A friend of mine developed these for shooting off the props we see at tactical matches. It's the best shooting bag I've used PERIOD. It's worth every penny.

http://reasorprecisionsolutions.com/...amechanger-bag
    Last edited by FLS; 12-22-2016 at 09:16 AM.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

As Walt said, just remove the bolt and look through the barrel. My buddy works for Kenny Jarrett doing load development. They nail up a frisbee at 100 yards. A frisbee @100 pretty much subtends bore diameter or gets close to it.. Center the bore on the frisbee then center the scope on the frisbee. You will probably be within a couple of inches when you shoot. Simple 2 shot zero. If you ain't shooting from a good rest, you are just guessing on zero.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 12-25-2016 at 07:45 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.