Thread: Hearing Protection Act

Default Hearing Protection Act

Do y'all really think it has a chance to pass??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Huh?
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

hope so

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I hope so. Especially with the new people coming in. Itd be awesome to not wait a year from purchase to be able to use the damn thing.
    2013 Spring Turkey Champs

i think this is our best opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by youngun15 View Post
    I hope so. Especially with the new people coming in. Itd be awesome to not wait a year from purchase to be able to use the damn thing.
    Or have to pay a frickin' $200 tax for a stamp.

We need to get the NFA tossed out, one way or another. Between new trigger designs and 'Bump-Fire' stocks, it seems like the NFA laws are virtually moot at this point, and now may well be our best opportunity to roll back this inane set of laws.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

It will pass. Trump Jr. will push it.

I worry about some sort of legal backlash from the HPA. Lefties will try to use it to sue gun manufacturers for hearing damage or find some way to restrict weapons use in places due to the sound they create.

One big thing in our favor is that suppressors are not illegal in many countries in Europe. In fact it is considered impolite not to use them in some situations. The only reason they are illegal here is due to the Hollywood perception of them, much like switchblade knives. There is no real reason for them to have been illegal or restricted the first place.

I hope so. There are more suppressors I'll get if it does. The damn things are like Lay's potato chips.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I see push back from liberal police unions and departments. Many cities have mounted "gunfire detectors" in certain neighborhoods. They will not give up their surveillance without a fight.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I hope so. There are more suppressors I'll get if it does. The damn things are like Lay's potato chips.
    Swamp, I have an Omega and I'm thinking about getting another. Is there any I should look at other than the Omega? Rifle, up to 30 cal.

Those gunfire detectors have been used in urban areas for years. We tried them in higher crime areas (I had to go shoot in various parking lots to help calibrate it...) - They didn't work worth a crap. The whole idea was to speed up response time to shootings in places where shooting shouldn't be happening (inner city neighborhoods) - it sucked. Charleston was the first place to try it in SC that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Swamp, I have an Omega and I'm thinking about getting another. Is there any I should look at other than the Omega? Rifle, up to 30 cal.

Look closely at Thunder Beast Arms stuff. I hunt with a TBAC Ultra-7 in 30 caliber and use it on my 308 AND my 7mm Magnum. It's titanium, and weighs less than 10 ounces.

I'll see what's new under the sun next month at SHOT.
    Last edited by Swamp Rat; 12-24-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I see push back from liberal police unions and departments. Many cities have mounted "gunfire detectors" in certain neighborhoods. They will not give up their surveillance without a fight.
    And we should not give up our rights without a fight.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I don't mind the $200 tax stamp. I don't mind doing the paperwork or paying the stamp but the wait time is absolutely ridiculous. There really should be no reason we should have to wait as long as we do for an approval. That is the only thing that bothers me.

I sure hope it passes, this coming administration may be our best chance.