Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herniated Disc?

My wife has a fracture and was bulging at L3/L4 and L4/L5. One was pinching the nerve. She works in the OR and dealt with it and managed it for 6 years with injections. The injections went from working for about 5 or 6 months to just 2 weeks. The "electrical" shocks down her leg and toes got to be too much. This year she and one of her surgeons decided that now was the time. So, about 6 months ago she went under the knife. She was out of work for 6 weeks and went back to work with no issues. She doesn't even have any leg drop (nerve damage). She's done enough back surgeries to know that it turns out good for some and bad for some. She was blessed that hers was fixed and she's doing great. We've heard good things about the spine institute but there are also some really goods doctors at McLeod Regional in Florence. Blessings to you.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    http://www.southeasternspine.com/

Dr Poletti fixed my back in 2009, best thing i have ever done.
    Dr. Poletti put a titanium cage in my old mans back in 1998. Put him on a lot of pain killers too and kept writing him prescriptions for years. My dad lived in a fucked up fog from the time I was 11-17. I almost lost him twice. We begged him to stop giving him the meds. It took him away from me for pretty important years in my life.
    867-5309

L5/S1 ruptured in November 2010 had surgery two weeks after it ruptured. I could sit all day driving but when I got out of the truck I couldn't make it to the tailgate without tears in my eyes. It was brutal, even worse was having to lay still during the MRI. Surgery went great, nurses said I was ready to fight in recovery room, got up to my room and felt amazing. Could walk, lay in the bed and had no pain.
    The Dr told me based on the original MRI I'd be having surgery again for L4/L5 as its degenerative. Every once in awhile it will flare up but not like the ruptured one, that was some pain I never want to experience again.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Take em' View Post
    I did if 5 years ago. Two cracked discs. You see me now, spring chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    You sure as hell ain't no spring chicken! who'd you go to so I know to stay away.
    Ain't no lie Cody, Ard you get around bout like a 98 yr old man...