Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2-4-D Didn't Do What I Expected

The Atrazine the general public can buy without a pesticide license is pretty much water. You can get a 2.5 gal jug of the real stuff for $30-$35 as stated with a license at an Ag chemical dealer.

For the bahia you can buy Cimmarron Plus (A cheap generic is Rometsol). It has a very small use rate. Its a dry product. We are talking 1.5 oz or so to the acre. You can also find these products in a 2 oz bottle which is economical for a homeowner. Even an 8 oz bottle isn't bad and you will have some for next year and the following.

You have "herbicides" at Lowes but for the most part they are all watered down and a rip off. Even with your discount it's not worth it.

There are multiple Ag chemical dealers in Bishopville. Get down there and quit wasting money at Lowes/Tractor supply etc.

What kind of 2-4D did you use? You can buy a 2.5 gal jug of the real stuff on it at an Ag dealer for $30-35 too.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Must be, if I am correct on price/chemical.

Here's atrizine -- http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/so...jcgaAlYI8P8HAQ But damn...only covers 5k sq ft?
    As stated this is pretty much water and a rip off. It's 4% Atrazine. Real 4L Atrazine is 42.9%. That's a quart too. A quart of real deal would cost you about $3-$4.

Well, hell...that's a huge difference.

I wonder what's involved in a license that would allow me to buy this stuff?

Well, hell...that's a huge difference.

I wonder what's involved in a license that would allow me to buy this stuff?
    8 hours of class and a 4 question test. Someone on here conducts the tests every so often.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 05-27-2016 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    8 hours of class and a 4 question test. Someone on here conducts the tests every so often.

I have my commercial license and it was just a 25 question test for the general and then 25 question test for each additional category. I have Aquatics, Right of Way, Turf and Ornamental, and Ag.....not once have I been asked for my license when buying chemicals
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    I have my commercial license and it was just a 25 question test for the general and then 25 question test for each additional category. I have Aquatics, Right of Way, Turf and Ornamental, and Ag.....not once have I been asked for my license when buying chemicals
    Hmm... May have to give it a whirl.

Hmm... May have to give it a whirl.

What cat is talking about is a private applicators license and is the way to go. With a commercial license you have to carry insurance...
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

And it is peckerheads who know nothing about chemicals using them that leads to more regulations for those that use them daily.

Please get educated or have someone educated help you (I say this because it took a lot of explaining to get you past Image) so you don't put some shit down that ends up fucking up your son because you didn't have a clue about what you were spraying you just knew you wanted the weeds in your yard gone.
    cut\'em

Understood.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    For the bahia you can buy Cimmarron Plus (A cheap generic is Rometsol).
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400654710948...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Looks like the ticket!

I just had a guy come spray my yard today ... Don't know how many acres of grass I have, probably around 3. $150 ... I got to sit at my desk and keep working, he did all of the spraying, I didn't have to do any prep or clean up, and if any of the weeds don't die off he will come spot spray free of charge ... I'd say it was money well spent.

There is 4 oz on there for like $35. That's closer to what a Ag dealer sells it for.

Centipede is 0.25-0.5 oz per acre IIRC. Read the label thoroughly and calibrate how much you are putting out per acre and your speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    Centipede is 0.25-0.5 oz per acre IIRC. Read the label thoroughly and calibrate how much you are putting out per acre and your speed.

^^This^^

READ THE LABEL. That's what the 8 hr course and test was about.

I will say my 25 gallon ATV sprayer with two floodjet nozzles covers 1 acre per tank in 1st gear(about 4 mph). Knowing that helps with mixing the chemicals.

His best bet is to hire someone.
    U serious Clark?

Who does this around Sumter?

Pm Mudeagle
    U serious Clark?