Thread: Newbie competition shooters...

Default Newbie competition shooters...

BTW - for any newbies around Spartanburg next Saturday (19th) I am running a beginner Steel Challenge match at the Spartanburg Gun Club near Pacolet. All men, women and children are welcome. 3 stages of 4 strings a piece (slowest time of 4 is a throw away) 2 stages of standard 8 inch plates and the last stage is the plate rack. Great place to start for a first time shooter. You need about 100 rounds, 3 - 4 magazines and a gun. PM me with questions. I'm not profiting off of this so I assume it's OK to post.

BRING your KIDS! We love to get the young ones in the game. 22 friendly. Starts at low ready and we will work with them. I love working with young ones...The other guys do too.

This is one of the best ways to get introduced to competitive shooting and I will help any way I can.
    Last edited by crackshot; 12-14-2015 at 09:41 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

December 19th 2015
    Spartanburg Gun Club Steel Challenge
    Instead of our normal combat pistol match, we will run a modified Steel Challenge match this Saturday. Bring 100 rounds of ammunition and all of your magazines. Below is a short description of the rules. This match will be new shooter friendly so be sure to invite your shooting buddies.
    All (pistol) caliber guns are welcome. Centerfire shooters will need a holster while rimfire shooters will start at low ready. Divisions allowed are: OPEN, Rimfire Open, Rimfire Iron, Centerfire Iron, Single Stack and revolver (rim or centerfire).
    There will be 3 stages to complete the match. 2 will consist of 5 hanging steel plate targets and the final stage will be the plate rack.
    Each stage consists of 4 strings of fire with the slowest being thrown away and the remaining 3 calculated for total time.
    Guns loaded to capacity – there is no limit to the ammo in the gun.
    Rimfire shooters must have a bag, gun rug, holster, Etc. when approaching the line. The firearm should not be left in the open and unsecured between stages. The RO will issue the “Load and make ready” command when you are ready to remove the firearm from storage.
    REMEMBER. The RED target is to be engaged LAST. Get into that mindset now to avoid taking penalties.
    The maximum time for any string is 30 seconds. Max time for a stage is 90 Seconds.
    Any missed target is a 3 second penalty.
    When the RED STOP PLATE is engaged the string is done. Any plates engaged after the STOP plate during that string result in a “Miss”.
    Engaging the RED stop plate early results in a 5 second penalty plus 3 seconds for every miss.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)