I am not suggesting anyone fly the confederate flag in front of their business or their home. Why, because there is a racial stigma attached. It will affect your business and would affect your neighbors opinion of you.

My point is the State should not fly a flag that represents racism to a large percentage of the residents. But many SC Duckers acted like it was the most important thing in the world to fly at the state house but admitted it was not flying at their business or home.

Should something take it's place at the monument? Yes.

Running for office is a big decision. The first thing to look at is the demographics of your area. Most districts are drawn for one party to win. A few are swing districts.

So the winner of the primary is the likely winner of the general election.

Opportunity is also about timing. Open seats are easier to win. Incumbency has it's advantages and disadvantages.

I do not believe the flag is going to be the reason someone wins or loses. My poling showed 11% said they would not vote for me if I took it down. 7% said they would not if I didn't take it down. The flag will be an issue but it will take the right combination of circumstances to remove an incumbent.

Running compared to the flag scenario comparison is like this, I may want to run for Senate but it is not wise. You may want to fly the flag at your office but it is not wise.

There is no reason to run if you will surely lose.

If anyone want me to handicapped their chances at an office I will. Just PM me.