Thread: Why I hunt!

Today is my 6 year old son's last day of Christmas vacation. We got up at 5AM, got dressed, he had on about 5 layers!!! We got to our swamp about 30 mins before shooting time and got settled in. The ducks that I've been seeing have flown the coop, but not a biggie. We broke ice to get in there this morning. My son wears a size 1 youth shoe and I could only find a size 5 youth wader; he puts on a few pairs of socks and gets after it! It's not a bad walk in other than a few briars. After 'the flight' of 10 ducks this AM, I told him I was sorry that the ducks didn't cooperate, he said, "that's OK daddy, I'm having fun anyway being with you". We held on til about 8:30 and no birds so breakfast was calling. We chowed down and he was all smiles. We got home, he read a couple of his books to me and then it was nap time. A real nap!! we racked out and when he woke up, he said "daddy, this has been the best day of my life". Who cares about killing a duck when you have a little man like this!!!
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

You cant beat that. My little girl is 18 months and trying to blow a duck call already.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

My kids are 12 and15 and those days pass so fast. We still do a lot tegether but I know the day is coming when I'll be to uncool to be seen with them.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

That's the best post I've read on this forum. Good stuff, brother !
    Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    I had a sales guy lock my keys in my truck on a friday afternoon at 5 pm...and told me to call a locksmith. i almost knocked his teeth out.
    Columbia DU Volunteer & member / supporter of Delta and FF

That's super!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

That's what it's all about right there!! It don't get no better!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That is some good stuff. That is what it is all about!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

It really tops off my day when we are in the car on the way home and they both say " Thanks, Dad." That makes my hunt. It doesn't matter what we shot or what we didn't.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

GREAT STORY I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD BOY BLOWING A DUCK CALL NOW TO. CANT WAIT TO GET HIM IN A PAIR OF WADERS. RIGHT NOW HE LOVES DEER HUNTING
    KRUGER FARMS.COM PROSTAFF

Awesome post. So true!!!
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

You should be proud!! Can't beat passing on the tradition of hunting, as well as all the cool things that go along with it! Coonsqualler Deuce is 2 months and he is doing a fine fighting purr- I am really excited about getting him in the woods and water.

good deal! the good Lord gave us all this, to be able to share it w/your anyone(much less your own!)is priceless! thanks for people like you!

Great story Luv2. That's exactly what it's all abobut. My 10 year old got everything you can imagine this xmas. He was more excited about the blind bag and pocket knife one of his uncles got him than anything else. He'll be with me this Saturday.

Took my 5yr old deer hunting this year and he got to see and spook his 1st deer. He had to cough as a deer was entering the field and when he did it was gone, but he did get to see about 10 riding in the truck after we got out. He has the itch to go again. He likes to fish and hunt already and talks like he wants to borrow my boat already.

It comes real quick skrimp! Mine started at 15 then he got a vehicle and it is like you are pooring hot acid on him when you ask him to go somewhere with him.. He doesn't even want to ride to church with us.. and he just turned 17 !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UH HRCH Somerset Points Golden Bear
    HR Somerset Points Cindy Lou Who
    SH Somerset Points One Rough Chic (Madea)

Great story! Reminds me of my youth. I have a 1 1/2 year old little girl and I can't wait to share time with her in the field when she is older.

Amen!! luv2hunt Amen!!! Puts life in perspective don't it Son!!
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"