110? 129. Nice try though!

And that equals 11?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scducks c/o2010

140-129=11

Default 1/10, 3 guns public

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbinya View Post
    110? 129. Nice try though!

And you prob think tour wife believes you when you tell her thats a full 8" you're feeding her. Does she giggle when you tell her that?

Last edited by duckjunkie85; 01-11-2015 at 07:10 AM.
    scducks c/o2010

I bet my wife knew that was a mottled.

Default 1/10, 3 guns public

All I'm sayin is that by a scdnr guidelines that's a mallard hen. White stripe above and below.

Last edited by duckjunkie85; 01-11-2015 at 09:08 PM.
    scducks c/o2010

Haha. I was just f'in with you anyhow. I just knew you could dish it but not take it. Good killin, wish I had had a chance to see those ducks. And my wife's an RN, so of course she knows she's getting my 8 inches
    Last edited by vdubbinya; 01-11-2015 at 12:01 AM.

There are a number of individuals who have weighed in on the subject stating you have 4 mottled ducks.
    In this case, it doesn't take a quality, close up pic (which you do not have) to determine that is not a hen mallard.
    I wouldn't put much credence in what the GW had or did not have to say. Very few of them have much waterfowling experience to begin with anyway.
    As to whether anyone should point out another members mistakes or just congratulate them, by all means point it out!
    I don't think greed weighs in here....If you post a pic (damn this was a shitty pic) on the site and someone calls you out on a violation, it's not different that you being corrected by your parents on a life mistake!
    Take your punches punkie, accept it, and move on to the next hunt!
    Congrats on a good hunt but................It's a mottled!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 01-11-2015 at 05:07 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by duckjunkie85 View Post
    There is a big diff between 110" and 140", and I don't know where you went to school but that ain't the math I was taught

Shush ... my wife might read this and you're gonna blow my cover
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I wouldn't put much credence in what the GW had or did not have to say. Very few of them have much waterfowling experience to begin with anyway.
    Maybe the GW noticed the green feathers on the head of the bottom duck........making it a hybrid.....and classifying it as the mallard......which would be correct if indeed those are green feathers breaking out on the head.

Damm there is some dick measuring going on in here. Dude killed 3 mottleds and a mallard or 4 mottleds, who knows and at this point who cares other than than those that like to thump their chest and scream "look at me"
    cut\'em

So for the record if I go pop a deer out of season with a spotlight and post a video then it's completely acceptable as long as I don't get caught and y'all should congratulate me right?
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Severity, Griffin..

As for the picture.. My heavens..

You need to strengthen your Instagram account brah..

Piss poor.. I would be embarrassed..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Let me explain and then you and your biologist friend can have a pow wow and come up with whatever way you want to try to dig out of this one........

A Bufflehead, like Goldeneyes, and Eiders, get their full breeding plumage in their 2nd winter. So let's break that down for the mathematically challenged.......

The Bufflehead is born in the summer of a year (let's use this year 2015). That bird's first winter is in 2015 and it will spend that year/winter looking like a hen and if killed most likely be misidentified as a hen in many of hunters bags. If it survives it's first winter (duck season) it will then hopefully live through a migration back north to the breeding grounds. This will be the summer of 2016, this is now 1 year later since birth. You with me here? Ok so it's now the fall of 2016 and birds have begun their migration back south for what will now be their 2nd winter. They will spend this "year" looking like a fully plumed out drake.

So by the 2nd winter time wise we are now at; not 4 years, not 3 years, hell we aren't even quite at 2 years, we are now at 1 1/2 years!

So back to the math lesson.....

1 1/2 years < 3 or 4 years

Class dismissed and goodnight.

I'm going to have to call you on this squatty. Captive birds "may" be different but a friend has several in his aviary and one of the drakes was 3 before his plumage changed. Could be a freak but it happens.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by straightline View Post
    I'm going to have to call you on this squatty. Captive birds "may" be different but a friend has several in his aviary and one of the drakes was 3 before his plumage changed. Could be a freak but it happens.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

No, he shuttles ducks to a taxidermist so I guess that makes him a glorified ornithologist. I'm not an expert but I can ID a duck 9/10 before I pull the trigger. The information I got regarding buffleheads was from a biologist that works for a refuge in California so I figured it was credible information.

Is that the best you got Jack! Weak!

And we ain't talking about pen raised birds here line dude.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    So for the record if I go pop a deer out of season with a spotlight and post a video then it's completely acceptable as long as I don't get caught and y'all should congratulate me right?

Great ducks, awful picture.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

it ain't trickin if ya got it. Good killing guys