Thread: fletching glue question

I shoot a Parker Pheonix with a muzzy zero effect rest and i keep having trouble with my fletching coming off after a few days of shooting. i dont think there arent any clearance problems with the rest or anything that could tear the fletching off. I am using bohning fletch-tite glue. personally i dont think the glue is worth a crap, but maybe im doing something wrong. what glue do you guys use

crazy glue. Not the best thing but for practice arrows it does just fine for a while.

Make sure to clean the shafts with acetone first. Also if your shooting carbon make sure you have a glue for carbon, Which the super glue work good on.
    80-20 Genaration

Fletch-tite is good for wood or aluminum if you prep the shaft first. Clean it with acetone then scuff the shaft with a scotch brite pad. if it carbon then do the same prep but use a glue designed for carbon shafts or a gel type superglue. Fletch tite is a vinyl adhesive and doesnt stick to carbon well.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I have been making my own arrows since 1981. Arrows that are not dipped in Fletch-Lac prior to fletching will sometimes loose fletching. If you clean with acetone or MEK then dip and wait till dry, then fletch, you will NOT have any problems. In fact you will have a hard time cutting off damaged fletching. Fletch Tite chemically bonds to the Fletch-Lac.

Hey Lee, did you ever get certified to teach IBEP?
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.