Thread: Wilson Uppers/Lowers

Default Wilson Uppers/Lowers

Are the Wilson 'matched' AR-15 Upper & Lower (stripped) worth the extra price vs. PSA's, etc, or putting together any other combination of good/top quality, standard (non-billet) AR receiver parts? Stag lower with PSA upper, etc, etc...

For the sake of discussion, let's say the Wilson matched set is roughly $300 and the other varieties of combinations would be around $200-$250. I'm not considering the PSA 'Blems' for this build.

I'm making the assumption that the Wilson product quality is as good as any of the top shelf varieties. Is this a good assumption?

I'm planning on using a Nordic 18" SS barrel.

Haven't decided on the rest of the components yet...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

NO! Barrel and trigger are most important. Ive got a couple.of rifles built on blems the will.shoot with anything out there. Both have very good barrels and triggers.
    Last edited by FLS; 06-20-2014 at 04:58 PM.

I've looked at the Wilson matched set. PSA had one a while back. I've decided that I will build the project I had in mind on a basic PSA lower and a White Oak upper built to spec.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I have a hard time paying their prices. I do buy their 1911 mags.

I like them but cant justify it after comparing to the 6 or 7 "blemished" PSA I have bought and cant find the slightest discoloration, markings or misfit in any of them. I have had real good luck with the PSA ones. Barrel, bolt and trigger I spend a couple extra bucks on.