Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 Duramax Diesel

Enjoy yer Nice'un, it's a helluva truck. The only complaint I had was the interior being a little too "plasticky", but all i had to do was unleash the torque in that engine one time and I forgot all about it! Had to get rid of mine for undisclosed reasons. [img]graemlins/bawling.gif[/img]
    At least I'm housebroken.

skyduck-let us know what kind of mileage you get in that nissan. thinking about getting one for the next truck, and wondering how the mileage is.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I got the duramax and love it. The power is impressive to say the least. Mileage is about 14-15 in town with 285's.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Get your computer tuned. Jess at http://www.wait4meperformance.com/ tuned mine on my 6.0 and I was amazed. I went from 12 around town to 15-16 around town. The cost is $150 if he sends you a new PCM and $75 if you send him yours. It does not void the factory warranty as the dealer will tell you. There is a law aginst that, Magnuson-Moss Warranty act.
    Check it out!

Brown dog I called them this morning and they do have it ready for the '06 gm yet. I am going to check back with them in a month. Thanks
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I know reprogramming the chip can make a huge difference in Diesel, but has anytone ever tried any of these kind of modifications to a gas engine? Does it help any?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

DDD, they tell me that changing the air intake and filter to an aftermarket like a K&N or the like will give you about 2.5 extra MPG. I have a 2005 crew cab Z-71 1500 with the 5.3L I am gonna try it when I have time to get one.I get about 16 driving around town and I got over 19 going to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago.
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

I filled up the Titan last night for the first time and got 15.6 mpg. That was all around town. Hope the highway miles give a little better, but I can deal with it.
    Breaking clays<br />makes my day,<br />but eating skeet<br />ain\'t no treat.

DDD - I have a 6.0l gas motor. When I changed my PCM the difference was unbealivable!! I would not go with a chip as they are set programs. Find some one that can tune your PCM so you get a custom program for what you are looking for.
    PM me if you want more information.