Thread: Computer Chips in Trucks

Anybody have any experience with after-market computer chips? I have a '94 z71 that I mostly hunt out of and was wondering if a chip would give it enough power to make it worth the price.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I was just reading a post on the Fuge where a guy that used to sell them said that they were not worth the $$$.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I think that if you just want power then get a dodgeV10 like I have. I have pulled anything under the sun with it. I did however test drive a new nissan titan and I am here to tell ya that truck has balls, if you are looking for a truck with some real pickup.
    DAAAANG KEEP THAT SKOAL BABY!! \"JOE DIRT\"

The Titan is the 1/2 ton truck to beat. You don't need to worry about chipping anything.I just had to trade mine in on an SUV, and it was a very hard thing to do.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Bugz you will never turn a 94 Z into a hot rod with a chip. You may not want that much out of it, but overall it's money wasted.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I would put my Hemi against a Titan any day.

I don't know about not chipping! I've got an 02 F-250 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel, and I recently added a Banks Exhaust and chip (called the Git Kit) and it's like having a brand new truck. Yes, it was expensive-- almost $1400 to get it to my door and then the exhaust installation, but I saved up for it and am quite excited about the new feel, power, and sound.

A stock Titan versus a stock Hemi are the only things that can be matched. However the Titan will still eat your Hemi's lunch. The Dodge Hemi is heavier and has less torque than the Titan, which means that the Titan will whoop yer Hemi, and I know because I have waxed one after the other. The only thing that could beat a Titan is an inexperienced driver. BTW- I am not condoning street racing, but the Hemi is just a HP fad and that's all.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Originally posted by Duck Nitz:
    BTW- I am not condoning street racing, but the Hemi is just a HP fad and that's all.
    I AGREE
    More fuel = more boost!!

If I had snake jenkin's money I would by me diesal and be done with it.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

I put a chip into a '95 Z-71 that I used to own. I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference except it took care of a spark knock problem, and seemed to pull a load a little easier. Also got rid of the top speed limiter. No hot rod, especially with 3.23 gears.