Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sporting clays

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I find instinctive snap shootin is what works best.

Big wide choke with some high brass 6's and let 'er eat.
    I just pulled a muscle.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

One thing I should explain is conscious and subconscious thought during the shooting sequence.

Conscious thinking works great for working out a math problem but is a disaster for shooting. Conscious thinking works well for single threaded tasks. However, subconscious thinking can do multiple things in a short amount of time very well, like driving or pouring a glass of water. Ever wonder how you can drive and still be aware of the vehicles around you. You have focus on one thing but you see everything around you in your periphery.

Shooting works the same way. Ever shoot very well and notice how it feels effortless. That subconscious shooting. And you probably don't recall what you saw or even notice the recoil. But your subconscious is aware of it.

Seeing the barrel in the shooting sequence is done in the subconscious. Longer barrels enable your subconscious to see that reference point easier.

It's only when we try to consciously take over the shot sequence when shooting goes to hell. It's only good at doing simple tasks well. Same in golf.

So you may not be aware that you are seeing the barrel but your subconscious is.

Makes complete sense to me, just never had it explained that way. Thanks gander

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Did you post a question about this in shotgun world?
    Nope
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>