Thread: AKC Judges

Just for your info the
    AKC has decided that they can tell their judges what they can do in their spare time. Basically The AKC would revoke a judges license for judging any most any event ran by an organization that maintains a registry. IE the UKC's HRC events and the BSS field trials. I have included a link to the FAQ page on this. www.akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=2889
    UH SHR "Lily" CH
    HR Promise
    SHR Piper
    SHR Maizey
    UH SHR Story
    UH SHR Ever
    SHR Hal
    SHR Rumor

The AKC is going to Puritan themselves to only the pros and field trialers.

I have only run AKC events as an entry (done test dog stuff for UKC). I like AKC because I think it is a bit more difficult. But dammit they are simply not near as much fun as UKC. Their objective seems to be to polarize things...either choose AKC or UKC. Many of the judges I think will tell AKC to stick it...they simply enjoy doing UKC more.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

yeah thats a load of crap. you're gonna take all the good judges out of akc! all that will be left are the title hog, bench/hunt dikes that want to run shit. its complete bs.

from what i understood it was aimed more at the bench crowd but it will hurt hunt test more than anything imo
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

You know I enjoy both but I hope this is resolved before the 1st of january. If we lost one judge from HRC because they chose AKC it will hurt HRC. We don't have the big budget hunts where we can afford to fly in judges from all over the country. We spend more money on ducks and tailgates, so we can have more fun. Hope AKC will come to thier sences before the dead line. I have lots of friends that are just starting in the HRC game and I don't want to lose them because they have to choose HRC over something thay have been doing for many years.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

Huntin costa .....I love your new term "title hog, bench/hunt dikes" very descriptive. Thanks for judging the CBSRC trial saturday it is folks like you that make club trials possible. Giving time for the sport without regard to breed, speaks volumes about your character.

Unfortunately the AKC thinks with their pocketbooks primarily in mind and not what is best for the dogs. It blows my mind that the AKC would dictate to thier judges who they can help and who they can't. The AKC should be treating judges like royalty. The judge gets up early, sweats and works like a dog, dosn't run a dog and for all that effort gets a nice meal and gift certificate so that the AKC can make a nice payday and put on the event. It is amazing to me that AKC judges are not emailing the hell out of their parent clubs and demanding a revision of this childish and shortsighted ruling.

Of course the current ruling is easier than trying to improve the AKC events and trying to offer a better product. It is always easier to tear down something than to try to build something up. They are only taking the easy way out, by trying to restrict competition.
    UH SHR "Lily" CH
    HR Promise
    SHR Piper
    SHR Maizey
    UH SHR Story
    UH SHR Ever
    SHR Hal
    SHR Rumor

i enjoyed saturday, it was a great experience. i look forward to becoming a judge for HRC events in the future. hopefully a finished judge with time.
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Costa,
    There is a judges seminar in Santee on August 26. That's where you start.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

sounds good, i would love to attend
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

As usual, AKC is out of line! It is a shame to see the polarization. Only way to whip AKC is for a transition of an outside competitve venue to become the standard for breeding. I had hopes for SRS, but.....not anymore.

In bird dogs we dong even use the AKC! AFTCA is older and does not act like AKC about trialing, registry, etc. The only English pointers AKC registered are show dogs. But what do you expect from Raleigh. I live up here now.....little peice of Jersy!

As stated already, judges promote their sport and their pocket book. They should thank any judge, no matter what they do next weekend or did last weekend. I believe AKC will suffer the loss as they are the antagonist here... Judges who judge both UKC and AKC will likely not like being told where they can judge..
    Leadership in Service<br /><br />Dream Big and Dare to Fail..<br /><br />\"And the sky was full of Anatadae\".. Mr. Buck