Thread: Gotta Brag A Little Bit

This is not a field trial or hunt test quality story.

On MLK day I got invited to go hunt Chukars on a preserve with a friend of my father's. I have an almost two year old lab that has done some duck and dove hunting but never any upland type stuff.

She was a natural and it was a lot of fun to watch. Its a neat style of hunting to do with a lab. I've never been out to the prairies to hunt upland birds but it's close to what I would have imagined.

Anyway she quartered great, tracked cripples, and retrieved nearly 25 birds to hand in about 2 hours or so. I dont have any pictures but it was a damn fun day.

Thanks for letting me brag a little.

Tripp

Good stuff [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img] it is nice to see'em show you what they have...and put some blood on the ground and feathers in their mouth.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good stuff! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Now you need to get her in the bottoms and let her find you some woodcock.

My old yeller dog, now deceased, was jam up on timber doodles. He would work every inch of a cane brake. He always worked close too, keeping an eye on where I was at all times.

I started him young on a long lead and only had to keep the lead on him for two hunts. After that, verbal commands were all I needed to keep him checked in tight, eventually I didn't need those anymore.

Woodcock hunts a great workouts for a dog and it's upland game hunting at it's best.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Good idea Merg. I need to check the regs to see when the season runs out.

The only issue we had on the chukar hunt was calling her off birds that we missed. She figured that if we shot at em they should eventually drop. But that only happened twice and since it was our first time doing anything like this I didnt sweat it too much. I did manage to call her off one towards the end so maybe noext time she'll get it.