Thread: Guy With OCD Recites Poem About Girlfriend

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Guy With OCD Recites Poem About Girlfriend

This kid has OCD, his girlfriend recently left him so to help himself cope he recites a poem about her at a poetry slam. It's kind of sad and maybe a little disturbing or something.....

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They need to check that sucker's basement for people parts.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Incorrect.
    That guy is reciting the poem. He doesn't have OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    They need to check that sucker's basement for people parts.

And the backyard

And maybe his happy place.

His Ex needs to change her name, get plastic surgery, buy a gun and move the fuck away, even then its a 40/60 on her making it a year.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The scary part was all the weirdo's clapping and hooting it up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    Incorrect.
    Well dang! The place I read about it said he did. That makes it less interesting.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

He doesn't deserve a beard.

Soul patch or a dirty sanchez stache maybe. But not a beard.
    Last edited by Glenn; 08-13-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Incorrect.
    Yup.

Some of those stand-up poetry nights are pretty neat.

I've never been to one in person, but I woudn't mind, based on some excellent ones I've seen.

I wonder if they sell beer? BYOB would work, too.

Incorrect.
    According to this article that is incorrect. He does have it:

Man with OCD Blows Internet Away with Hauntingly Stirring Love Poem

When a poem is powerful enough to get the Internet to stop and take notice, you know it must be something truly special.

And Neil Hilborn's love poem "OCD" absolutely is.

Performed during the Individual Finals of this year's Rustbelt Regional Poetry Slam, Hilborn's ode to love in the time of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is poignantly punctuated by the poet's palpable on-stage struggle with nervous tics threatening to derail the entire thing.

After a video of a recital rushed to the top of Reddit this morning, Hilborn made a surprise appearance in the thread to take questions from his newfound fans.

In his responses, Hilborn confirmed that he has undergone extensive therapy over the past several years which has helped substantially reduce the intensity of his symptoms.

He also reveals that the poem was originally written some two years ago, and the girl in question has heard it, which lead to an appropriately revolving relationship of getting back together and splitting up a number of times before Hilborn finally called it off.

If you're looking for more from Hilborn, make sure to check out his other Rustbelt entry, "Mating Habits of the North American Hipster" — the only performance in the entire tournament to earn a perfect score.

that was a poem? oh yeah and he is nuts.