Thread: New home away from home

Default New home away from home

Got this bad boy in Friday. ~7'10" tall(depending on how good the pitch is), 13'10" diameter, weighs less than 6.5lbs. Going to have a stove to go in in by my Jan deer hunt. Stove and tent will weigh less that 11lbs. This should open up some more options. Taking it out for a spin this weekend in the Gila to try to catch some smallmouth.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Interesting. I've got a ENO hammock and have been thinking about getting the rainfly for it instead of a tent.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What's the benefit of this vs your typical run-of-the-mill tent? Seems like it would be a pain to set up.

those are pretty sweet. see a lot of folks on the campfire that have em.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by CSBUCKSHOT View Post
    What's the benefit of this vs your typical run-of-the-mill tent?
    The stripper pole in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    The stripper pole in the middle.

The stripper pole, light weight, room, stove, and actually pretty easy to setup are the benefits. I was going to get a canvas tent, but I'm wanting to get into backpack hunting/fishing, so this would be a lot more versatile.

RH, you should look at the Seek Outside stuff(where this came from). They have several different light weight shelters for backpacking. Another nice one that's cheaper is a Shangri La 5 by Go Lite Outdoors.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold