Thread: Curse is broken.....

Default Curse is broken.....

I used to turkey hunt almost everyday of the season years ago. Family and work changed that. Also had to give up my good turkey land for some not so good but free place to hunt. So it has been years, 7 I think since I killed my last longbeard. I shot a jake last year just because it had been so long since I had shot one. Well I hunted all day Friday with my boys and didn't hear a birds. So Saturday I slept late and got house work done and was going to hit my field again, but the boys decided they wanted to go fishing so I was by myself. Buddy that I have hunted many a turkey with shoots me a text asking if I want to hunt with him. So like old times we meet up and hit the woods.

Get to clover plot and there is a long beard already in the field. So we circle to cut him off but as we closed the distance he saw something a spooked a little he went one way his hen feed off the other. So we setup right on field and waited. After about 30 mins the hen came back out feeding. She feed for a while then went on her way. Shortly after two other hens came in to clover from across the field and started to feed away from us. Then the ol gobbler came back out on the side of the field and stood there just watching the two hens. Which feed to him and then started to go away from us, so we were debating if we should cut them off or if they would feed back to us. The hens turned and started our way. Took them about 20 mins to come in range with him strutting all the way behind them. He rolled up to about 40 yards and I thumped him. It felt good to watch him strut around and put on his show. My buddy and I were remembering all the old hunts and birds we had killed together. It was a great afternoon in the turkey woods! Makes me remember why I used to love to hunt them so much.

Phillipians 4:13

Very nice work!! Glad you are enjoying Spring to it's fullest!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

You've got one life. Blaze on!

nice job. way to get back on the horse. something just feels right about shooting a strutting bird in the spring time.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Woot! Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Congrats!

Guess I should add some stats on the birds. I wasn't really worried about stats I know he was a good bird and just let him hold it once he got in range.

19lbs 15oz
    10"
    1"
    Last edited by dukhuntr; 04-07-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Phillipians 4:13

Good killin!

Way to get back after them!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Nice Bird!
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Good job. Post a couple more pics of you holding it in diferent positions haha.

The glasses would look better off of the turkey.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Nice job...
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!