Thread: Snake, Swamp Rat, CWP & Others...

Any comments on the Taurus Stellar Tracker revolver in .45 ACP (5 shot cylinder)? Any and all comments welcome. Thanks.

Taurus typically makes a quality revolver... they use coil springs which I tend to like in my wheel guns.

That particular gun looks well made and rather neat - the finned grip would be prone to collecting dirt though.

At any rate, if it "flips your switch", you probably won't be disappointed.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

The one that I shot (and "played with") shot very well, averageing 2 1/2"-3" at 25 yards off a rest with ball ammo. Taurus's finned grips are extreamly comfortable and reduce recoil better than any other factory grip (IMHO).

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

Thanks fellas! Any practical downsides to carrying a revolver with only 5 shots or anything else to consider that I'm not smart enough to ask?

No I frequently carry a Smith Chiefs Special which is a 5 shot .38 special.

Snake
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I have not yet seen one. Who knows maybe someone will bring one to our class this Sat. Taurus makes pretty good revolvers, although we have had a couple of students that had them get out of time to the point that the firing pin hit the case head instead of the primer. Now THATS out of time.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.