Thread: Boat Blinds

Default Boat Blinds

whose got one? And what kind? Pics?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

Homemade, .5" conduit from Home Depot, I still have some 10ft length left if anyone needs them. Drill 1/4" hole into braces and use a bolt as a hinge. Zip tie some burlap on it and weave some palm frond leafs into it. pretty cheap and definately not store bought perfection but it kills ducks. I have some pictures on my phone but can't get them to post from it up onto here.

look in the cyber duck blind. posted mine up last week.

Last edited by Red Huck; 10-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Bimini fittings, conduit, burlap, fast grass, zip ties

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    good link. woulda helped alot in my blind construction, but oh well. Good luck to ya and make sure you have plenty of zip ties! Oh and put a roof on that SOB...that'd be cool. just make another beam that drills to one side and let it fold out a couple feet...hard to explain but look at my frame and youll see what i'm talking about. just do it bigger and let it fold out more.

this is mine, took me and GoinCoastal a night to build.(he did most of the work) I have a pdf of the instructions and supplies needed if anyone wants. PM me your email and ill send it.

Find a old bimini top a 3 or 4 bow and shorten and widen it to the length you need. I don't know how to put a pic up but look in my album. It's a old pontoon 4 bow bimini. I came up with a different way to make a top out of the middle bows. I put them all on one side so it would open from tarboard to port. I am very happy with it right now. I just need to figure out how I'm gonna cover and conceal it.
    Give,Give,Give

u wanting pop up or permanent?

pop up
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

I made a scissor blind, wrks good. I made it so that it is as low as possible when its in use. I do not like burlap, when it gets wet it gets heavy. It will also freeze hard as a rock. Go with die cut (sp) material and mesh camo.