Thread: 1548 war eagle with 40?

Default 1548 war eagle with 40?

I got a 1548 war eagle. Just put a 94 3cyl yamaha 40 on the back. I can only get like 35-36 out of it. It has a 14 pitch prop. Any ideas to make it faster? It runs on the 4th pin up. On the fifth pin it bounces bad and i can hardly steer it.

Invest in a tach first.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Get you a tach and see what rpm you runnin. The cav plate needs to be about 1-1.5 inches above bottom of boat. You need to be about 5600 empty
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

A tiny tach from Northern Tool will cost you about $40.00 and save you a bunch of headaches and time to trying to get the prop right. Shit 36 mph is hauling the mail in a small boat. The powertech SRA 13p ran good on my 542 with a 30 hp yamaha and cmc tilt and trim unit. It pushed it 34 mph gps with a med load with the river. Not sure of the rpm but the prop had a fair about of bow lift and took trim well.

Jack plate

Tach, Jack plate or tilt/trim, then prop.

I have a black Jack plate for sale in trading post.

Ive gotta 1542 sea ark w/ 3cyl 40 yamaha running around 45 mph. That's with a 15 prop an tilt an trim as well. U won't see too much more out of a factory welded boat. An still ride decent as well....
    I'd try a 15p prop an invest in a cmc trim plate

Quote Originally Posted by Civil-Cock View Post
    . Shit 36 mph is hauling the mail in a small boat.
    hahahaha no try again
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

The boat seems to ride bow down even with the motor on the last pin and weight back. its about 5" higher than bottom of boat already.

whats 5 inches?? the cav plate? I hope not you will blow that motor up.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict1 View Post
    The boat seems to ride bow down even with the motor on the last pin and weight back. its about 5" higher than bottom of boat already.

is the hull hooked? Something is pushing the bow down for it to do that....IMO.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

.5" and it almost looks like it may have a slight hook. i was starting to wonder if it was hooked. never did this before when i had the 25 on it though.

take a 4' level and hold it up against the bottom of the boat at the rear. if that last 4' is hooked or has rockers the boat will not run right. it needs to be flat with a slight hook in the last 6" before the water exits the bottom. it will not run right until you fix this.

Had the same boat with an 04 mercury 4 stroke on it with tilt/trim. I Could get it up to 46 on a good day, which was fuckin scary in a damn tin can of a boat like that. My sugestion would be to just Leave it the way it is
    When in Doubt Shoot Em Again