Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dog hunting report

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    Hammers-you seem to always come the someone's rescue with the statement that we are all hunters and need to side with each other. i disagree. I don't want the swampfox's of the world to be the ones that the the "anti's" think of when they think of hunting. they would be the demise of the "hunting" that i cherish...

If you got something to say girl....spit it out.

She might be a swallower, Cat...
    Feeling good\'s good enough...

SCTIMBER Coots

If it's your land do what you please, kill as much as you please if it suits you which seems crazy to me but it's yours; just respect the hunting rights of your neighbors. When it's all over it's not really gonna matter if it's a nice 10 point or your first 4 point if you are satisfied and happy that you've had a good hunt and it's memories. I can understand that nobody still hunting wants dogs to spook deer that they're gonna shoot, but it's also understandable that in SC especially the Pee Dee & coastal area that dog hunting is a way of life> passed down over the years. if a 4 point suits you just as much as a 10 point shoot it or if you wanna wait for a bigger buck wait, if you wanna shoot a doe that's great, if you wanna still hunt > do it and shoot whatever you want, if you wanna dog hunt> and shoot a little or big buck or doe in front of a pack of walkers good for you. do whatever you want on your own land just try to respect the adjoining landowners

Mr DuckSlayer you have to be one the smartest ones on this freaking web site. Grow the hell up. If it is done right dog hunting is a blast. Our farm all we do is still hunt them dam yard goats. I grew up dog hunting with who ever i could go with. Opening weekend i had dogs running on our farm from a club that has 100 ac block, 50 ac block, you know that shit aint right. Cut the dogs off and there is never a problem. Keep the kids in the woods and off the pavement. Remember everybodys argument on the confederate flag its heritage. Dog hunting is heritage. No dogs on my farm unless i can get in the branch.
    Plant it they will come.

Originally posted by Birdfinder:
    Mr DuckSlayer you have to be one the smartest ones on this freaking web site. Grow the hell up.
    You talking to me? [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You got it. Im talking to you and i am agreeing with you and trad all of the people that are bitching need to grow up.
    Plant it they will come.

NICE JOB SS FOX. I'VE DONE THIS ONE IN 1997 IN SANTEE SWAMP. QUITE A TASK. I WAS PROUD AND I HOPE YOU STILL ARE AFTER ALL THIS.
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

great job SSF. most of these people saying its bad and unethical are probably the same ones that go to mexico and kill rediculous numbers of ducks and doves, go to canada with spinners to kill all the young ducks with large limits or just go to rimini and shoot tamies.

Wack-um and stack-um SSF. Thats 3 less deer I got to worry about heading up Hwy. 52! [img]graemlins/bigun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/Blast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/boom.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cap.gif[/img] Mow um down

As "our" local GW said: "I have no problem practicing QDM/trophy management on someone's land if they request it. What I detest is when another hunter feels the need to downplay a fellow hunters excited accomplishment b/c it doesn't fit into his perception of a proud event."

Where is Trad when I need him? Damn Colorado.

When I have taken my boys hunting, we have killed does, young bucks, you name it and "we" have let some walk. Every moment in a deer stand with my kids is a trophy of sorts. There may be a disagrement, a tired child or one that doesn't want to leave the stand, but each hunt is special. Each contributes to the growth of my kids.

But then it really chaps my ass when a person chooses to chastise my fat ass when I have killed smaller deer that does not meet his or he standards. My hunt is not up to his specs. You know, I can't find a way to eat the damn antlers. Squirrels & rats may, but I can't.

And then there are those that sit in stands as I do and are very lucky to have a monster come by. Unless a hunter is out trailing and actually hunting that monster, bragging rights should not be allowed.

Why does a deer have to have a rack to be a trophy?

The one deer I have on the wall has a story beind it and the rack looks good. Otherwise that would not be there because the neck had meat in it. And my oldest kid gets a real kick for having that deer over his bed.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Well I was going to try to stay out of this one, but I just want to express my opinion since everyone else has. After reading the four pages of this thread I have seen a lot of ignorance, as well as some intelligence. It is just a shame that this was all started because someone wanted to share a HUNTING story with fellow HUNTERS. No where in original post was there a question asked about everyone's opinion on the subject. If yall did not notice this forum is known as a Feild Report forum, not a forum to piss and moan if you disagree with something. I would like to congragulate the man on his kill. Since you all have made imputs now I express mine. Many years when the hunting regulations were written the state was divided into zones and the state was didvided at the fall line. Below the line you could use dogs to hunt deer with. This was done originally to try to prevent these type of arguments. The top half of the state you can not run dogs on for deer. If you do not like dogs being run around you then go up there. I understand you may not want to travel, so if you have land near a dog driving club then learn to cooperate with them. If you live in a neighborhood and your neighbor's kid comes into your yard, you do not shoot the kid you take him back to his house or call his parents to come get him. As for this Trophy deer management BS I guess it is ok if you feel that killing a big buck is the only thing that will compensate for the other small horn that you may have. Some of us just enjoy the sport of hunting for the love of the outdoors, or maybe the fellowship of hunting with your buddies. Some of us hunt for meat and not horns. Hunting in the past few years has become a status symbol and I think that is sad. Anyway I have said enough about this. To all you real hunters(includes any legal method of hunting) good luck to you in the future, and have a safe and enjoyable trip.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Here is my opinion: If you have hunted all you life and killed plenty of little ones then why not try to kill some bigger ones by letting little ones walk. It pisses me off when a fellow in my hunting club whines and complains of never killing or seeing any big ones around his couple of stands. Damn when you kill everything from button bucks and up then there is nothing left to grow. Then he wants to sit our stands because he doesn't see anything. HELL NO. It is alright to shoot small ones if it really gets you excited but if you are just doing it to shoot something with horns the shoot a doe. This fellow always tells us that a buck tastes better. BS. If I am hungry for deer meat and I have a cowhorn, 4 point, six point, small 8 point, and a slick in the cornpile together, the slick gets it. Just don't complain that you don't kill or see anything big if you shoot the little ones.

This fellow shot a cowhorn the other day and told me he thought that he would never amount to anything so he shot it. Well shit, he didn't give it but 3 months to live. He shoots jakes also.
    If the Indians had guns we would not be here!!!

jake shooters are pussies!

If It's Brown, now after reading your post, I have no idea what you name means!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
    he must be talking about "brown" liquor.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

I'll drink to that - one of your better post Toofer! LOL
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"