Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailgating Food

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    I've found that mixing zing zang, clamato, and tanqueray with lime will just about make someone smack their mother.

Seriously.
    I started all of mine with clamato, the years have set in, and I am now lazy.

Also for the few of you that do not know it gin makes a bloody, the original.

, you need to get in to see Dr. Highstrung as soon as possible so that he can start you on an IV drip of 20 year old Scotch before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    , you need to get in to see Dr. Highstrung as soon as possible so that he can start you on an IV drip of 20 year old Scotch before it is too late.
    I would wish my habit on no man.

Take some sweet 100s, cheery maters if you cannot find any, vodka, salt, pepper, some celery salt if you need it, and soak the boogers for a day or so. Get some toothpicks, and you have a great little start.

If you shoot Grand Marnier, or call it Grand Ma, I will not talk to you....

If it is a 12:00 game, we either hit Waffle House early or load up on Bojangles. Then the ones that dont go in game have other food ready when we get back at 3. Eat, drink and party with a band till way after traffic is gone and its time to hit dinner in the Vista.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It makes a good margarita so I wouldn't shoot it. I did drop an unopened bottle of Tia Maria I paid $80 for, circa 1995 in DeWitt Arkansas, on a gravel road while watching mallards pouring into a field. Damn thing broke and I had to drink unleaded coffee all week.

Bacon

It makes a good margarita so I wouldn't shoot it. I did drop an unopened bottle of Tia Maria I paid $80 for, circa 1995 in DeWitt Arkansas, on a gravel road while watching mallards pouring into a field. Damn thing broke and I had to drink unleaded coffee all week.
    Tia was the drink of fathers of our age, a sipping fun sort of thing. Joe won a race years back a prelude I think, somewhere around the Belmont. He was asked to toast with a bottle of champagne. He told the gentleman he didn't drink it, but he would like a glass of Tia. After seeing it on TV the president of Tia called him up for a lifetime supply.

I learned about Tia on a river running trip with Joe, Kennedy, and The Old Man. Damn it was cold. All the ponds were frozen and we put in at Ann's...

I learned about Tia on a river running trip with Joe, Kennedy, and The Old Man. Damn it was cold. All the ponds were frozen and we put in at Ann's...
    I won't forget my father down in English one night drinking Tia.... It was the think it was the first time I felt bad for him. I really enjoy seeing some of the older folks still buying it. I've probably had a drink with Joe once every couple of weeks or so for ten years. At the end of a dinner years ago he would have a tia and milk on ice. In no way was that healthy.

Finger foods. Like Simple said, they're quick and easy. As if getting all the crap and the kids packed up and out the door aren't enough already.

We usually make a buffalo chicken dip.

Canned, precooked white meat chicken
    Franks hot sauce
    a few packs of cream cheese
    Ranch dressing
    Tostitos scoops
    (There's plenty of recipes out there on the net)

Mix everything in the crock pot. Plug it in to the power inverter and let it warm while driving down the road, stirring periodically.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Vikki did Texas Pete wangs for the Tennessee game. Dayum good, too.

I approve of the UT cup!!

Noon games should be illegal in all Lower 48 states and Hawaii anytime before Nov 1.
    I approve of the UT cup!!

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

Canned, precooked white meat chicken
    Franks hot sauce
    a few packs of cream cheese
    Ranch dressing
    Tostitos scoops
    (There's plenty of recipes out there on the net)

Mix everything in the crock pot. Plug it in to the power inverter and let it warm while driving down the road, stirring periodically.
    Do you stop by the hospital on they way there or back for the blood thinners and heart cath? Haha
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Alcohol thins the blood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Double up on the chicken and it makes a great sammich.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.