Thread: Alzheimer's = Type III Diabetes?

Default Alzheimer's = Type III Diabetes?

Could Alzheimer’s Disease Really Be Type 3 Diabetes?

But now, a third brain change is emerging as a likely suspect contributing to cognitive deficits in patients with Alzheimer’s disease. Brain levels of insulin and insulin receptor (IR) are lower in AD and insulin signaling impairments have been documented in human postmortem analysis and in animal models.
    Researchers writing in the Journal of Clinical Investigation suggest that because several pathological features, including the impaired insulin signaling and inflammation, are shared by patients with diabetes and those with AD, the hypothesis is that mechanisms that cause the impairment in insulin in peripheral tissues seen in diabetes may also be present in brain insulin resistance.
    Inflammation is also an important component of insulin resistance and diabetes. Obesity is another risk factor in this process, as excess fat in the adipose tissue and liver often accompanies chronic inflammation. In the brain, GLP-1 attaches to an appetite receptor in the hypothalamus which often decreases appetite and gradually reduces weight over time.
    The authors conclude that “By establishing molecular links between the dysregulated insulin signaling in AD and diabetes, our results open avenue for the investigation of new therapeutics in AD.”
    http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/could...ype-3-diabetes

https://www.google.com/search?q=alzh...&client=safari

Anything is possible just about and I would not doubt it could be
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"