Thread: Samsung Satellite

Default Samsung Satellite

I'm having issues w/ my Laptop. Let me me rephrase that... My wife is having issues with the laptop. By the time I get home in the afternoon, I don't want to mess around on the computer... Anyway, two things are happening 1. The web-camera quit working. When I go into the camera assistant it doesn't even show a camera being installed on the computer yet it is a built-in camera. How can I get that back? I've tried everything I know. 2. When she clicks on an attachment that is PDF, it wont open the file. It says something or another is disabled... I would like a new computer, but as little as we use the dang thing it isn't worth the money. How can I get these fixed and/or how much you think it would cost to just wipe the computer of Vista and have Windows 7 installed. The only important files on it are pictures of our girls which I could save elsewhere. Any help is appreciated.

1. Does the webcam show up in Device manager?
    2. Need the actual error. "Something or another" doesn't help.

You would need to buy a copy of 7. Windows Anytime update might have it fairly affordable. I'm sure you could find someone to wipe it and reinstall everything for $100 or so.

You should always have a backup of your important files. Do it now while you're thinking about it.