Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds from the weekend

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

My daddy always called them channel bass.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    My grandfather was born in SC in 1896. He was far from a redneck. He was certainly never known to thump his chest about his fish catching abilities, and would have deemed that pretty crude. And he was never, ever, known to refer to a summerduck as a "woodie".
    Growing up, depending on who was talking, they were either called summer ducks or willow ducks. Occasionally you would hear some old timer call them squealers. I never heard woodies until the late 80s.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    South Carolina, more than any other southern state (except maybe Florida, which long ago lost any claim it ever had to be called "southern"), has suffered the most from cultural dilution and the destruction of its outdoor heritage due to northern immigration/retirement-fueled development . That's reason these things bug me. So call 'em whatever you fucking want. But stand down whenever the threads turn to bitchin' about the yankee invasion. You're part of it.
    This ↑

And don't get me started on meals and what they are called. I've never in my life heard a true South Carolinian call supper "dinner". Now almost everyone calls it that (and I always correct them) and it's directly caused by the Yankee infiltration. People have lost all sense of local history and have become etymologically ignorant.

Breakfast - the first meal of the day, eaten before noon.

Dinner - midday meal, usually eaten on weekends, Saturday and Sunday.

Lunch - midday meal eaten on a weekday at work or school usually away from home but not always.

Supper - the last meal of the day named from the Biblical "Last Supper". When the Christ ate for the last time on Earth. Eaten in the evening a few hours before bedtime.

That's it, anything else is a snack. If you call them anything else you are a Yankee or you have been Yankeefied!!

There is no such thing as "Brunch" and it's impossible and incorrect to eat "Dinner" at night.