Thread: Fun Weekend

Default Fun Weekend

My wife took the kids up to NC this weekend to visit friends so I was free to do whatever the hell I wanted to. I decided to head up to the mountains and do a little fly fishing. I left early Saturday morning and met up with a couple friends that I haven't seen in a while. We fished all day Saturday before heading to the mountain house that night for some steaks and cold beer. Woke up Sunday morning and fished a couple more hours before I headed back home. I caught over 30 trout in 1 1/2 days with the other two guys catching plenty as well. The weather was perfect and didn't see but a couple other guys fishing. Most of the trout were 12"-15". They weren't huge but had a damn good time up there catching up with old friends.

This rainbow here was about average size.

I bet that was fun.

I'm still piddling with them on the Saluda during afternoon rises.

Dry fly fishing is therapy.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm glad you had fun. Inviting me the day before isn't gonna work for me either. Can you keep them right now anyways because if you could we'll have some real fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I'm glad you had fun. Inviting me the day before isn't gonna work for me either. Can you keep them right now anyways because if you could we'll have some real fun..
    I didn't know I was going until the day before. It was all catch and release waters. We did fish one strech that was Wild Trout water and you can keep them but we released them all. If we had a gourmet chef like you with us we would have kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    I didn't know I was going until the day before. It was all catch and release waters. We did fish one strech that was Wild Trout water and you can keep them but we released them all. If we had a gourmet chef like you with us we would have kept them.
    That's fine.. I see how it goes. I'd of like to have been able to make it, but our fishing here can start up this week if you can finish all of your home projects. Nice fishing..

The weekend before was cold and raining, but we managed a mess a feesh! Nice Work!

I wish I wouldn't have seen this ... I was about to go this weekend but talked myself out of it. Guess I'll have to go soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I bet you would show up with a coffee can full of worms. Red can...Hills Brothers.

Hey, I've owned several fly rods, and I even tied when I lived alone for all of those years before wife and all the kids. I was easy to pick out on the lake I was the one in a jon boat catching rockfish on the fly. Some hobbies just become left behind when you seem to run out of time. I'll find one, and we'll hit the river again.

Nice fishing again Steg.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    I bet you would show up with a coffee can full of worms. Red can...Hills Brothers.
    Corn and a cane pole.

Good job man, glad your partner actually showed up.