Thread: Blackwater fishing

I am wanting to try my hand at some blackwater fishing. Does anyone have any tips and locations my first trip. I have a 15 ft jon boat with a 25 hp and would like to go somewhere that is not too difficult to navigate. Thanks for any help.
    And Thats Another Story

It is hard to beat the Edisto, below Orangeburg. Also, the confluence of the Big and Little Salkahatchies all the way to the steel bridge on the Combahee is awesome.

Just take plenty of crickets.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Thanks for the info Sasha. I have been looking at the pee dee (little and big). Do you or anyone have any info about them? I'm wanting to fish for black bass as well as brimps. Any help is appreciated.
    And Thats Another Story

Big Pee Dee isn't blackwater.

the little pee dee is though. i wish the big was but it gets so much shit from up river it never really is.

Duckslayer,

the Little Pee Dee is up right now. But give it a weeks or so and it will be right. I fish from Cartwheel down to the mouth. The Bass will eat a white floating worm, Black and White Bang-O-Lure,
    or white buzzbait. I love to catch'em on top.

Have a club ready for the mudfish !!!!!
    Tight Lines

Where's a good place to put in the Little Pee Dee? I pulled into the landing at Gallivant's Ferry one time and it looked like about 5 windows had been busted out in the parking lot. Needless to say, I don't really want to put in there.

tradorion Coots

First- it's "bream" or "brim"- not "brimps".

With the name game cleared- i would say Combahee but not as far down as Steel Bridge... the bass fishing is OK but the bream drop off hard once you get below Cherokee Plantation or so...

Now- Pee Dee area- take a look at Black River putting in at Red's Ldg off Hwy 41 just north of Andrews and either heading up or down river you can not go wrong- GORGEOUS RIVER and plenty of bass, bream, cats,etc... spinners/floating worm/devil's horse for bass and drown crickets for bream...

As noted- ALLLL the rivers are up right now- keep checking in and catch them when they drop.

Originally posted by tradorion:
    First- it's "bream" or "brim"- not "brimps".

With the name game cleared- i would say Combahee but not as far down as Steel Bridge... the bass fishing is OK but the bream drop off hard once you get below Cherokee Plantation or so...

Shhhhh....don't give away the whole farm.

Seriously, Trad's right. Pink worms on the bottom are good for the red breast and of course a couple of hundred crickets to pitch will complete your bait needs.
    Like to talk Gamecock sports? Check out http://www.gamecocksportsforum.com.