Thread: 3/26 Georgia Bird down

Default 3/26 Georgia Bird down

Called in a good bird today for my buddy's first gobbler! We started out hearing a few gobbles on the tree, but we had a difficult time pin pointing them because of background noise. We tried getting close to where we thought we heard them but never heard a peep. We moved to a different piece of property and saw a hen standing on the road so we sat down and called for a while but nothing happened. We kept walking up the road and we were about to have to turn around to leave for class. I called and nothing happened, I then took a piss and and decided to give one last call and I heard a faint gobble in the woods. We rushed into some pines and hit the deck and heard him sound off again. I called aggressively back at him and he cut me off. Within a minute we could see him strutting his way into an opening through a thicket and my buddy made a great shot. I had my video camera with me and tried to film it but a thicket was in between me and the bird, however, i managed to get a glimpse or two of the bird and some good audio with a good post hunt. Anyways, it was awesome and always good to get someone on their first bird. Needless to say, we both have the fever bad and I can't wait to get after them again.
    Good luck to all

Good work...
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Very nice!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Way to get it done!

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Looks like a nice first bird!
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Nice barrel sticker.

Awesome
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

great first bird man, congrats