Thread: Anyone using...

Default Anyone using...

Anyone using a nymph rod 10 feet or longer? I am thinking about building one next and have found 10', 11', and even 12' blanks in 4wt.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Anyone using a nymph rod 10 feet or longer? I am thinking about building one next and have found 10', 11', and even 12' blanks in 4wt.
    I use a 9'6", if I was fishing bigger rivers more often I wouldn't mind a 10 footer, high stickin cross current would be a helluvalot easier.....

Might better go with the 11 ft. I heard some big browns have been taken this week.

I've wanted a 9ft 4wt for 3-4 years, but every one I've found is the price of a new mac book. Flyfishing companies make flyfishing expensive.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

wrapping your own saves alot of money and there are great blanks for a good price. Check here:
    http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Cata...X-Fly-Rod-Kits

These are sweet kits. The rod, from what i heard is a discontinued High end St Croix that mudhole bought. I have two 8'6" and 9' 5wt that i love