Thread: Whos been, Whos going?

Default Whos been, Whos going?

I am headed up to dem mountains for the first 2012 trip on Feb 26th. Anyone wanna meet on the river and whack some troot?

Any reports are appreciated.

I got a report, Sage makes a very lightweight, very fuckin fragile reel... I drove 2 hours and had to high stick the whole day.

Green- Fishing good, deep nymphing with rather large (10>) stonefly nymphs with an egg dropper. Don't be afraid to connect an indicator ( i like thingamabobbers) to eight feet of 4x-5x flouro tippet. This will cut down on drag and missed fish big time when compared with a regular tapered leader.

I am jealous, i am trying to figure out how to fit my eight week old son in a baby bjorn inside my waders. If i can do that, i might be on the river

Quote Originally Posted by Moatsy View Post
    I got a report, Sage makes a very lightweight, very fuckin fragile reel... I drove 2 hours and had to high stick the whole day.

That is what you get for OWNING a $300 reel......lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Green- Fishing good, deep nymphing with rather large (10>) stonefly nymphs with an egg dropper. Don't be afraid to connect an indicator ( i like thingamabobbers) to eight feet of 4x-5x flouro tippet. This will cut down on drag and missed fish big time when compared with a regular tapered leader.

I am jealous, i am trying to figure out how to fit my eight week old son in a baby bjorn inside my waders. If i can do that, i might be on the river
    Shit wait till the sun warms this rock, tell him and momma to tag along and have the shore lunch ready when you tire of draggin the lil bastages to the net.....

Ha, momma has been fly fishin longer than me. she gets jealous when i go without her.

Last edited by mudminnow; 02-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.

well, I only paid 100 including line... craigslist. Luckily Sage doesn't know that.

N. Mills was tough 2 weeks ago. Did catch fish- small (size 16) princes, and hare's ears. Fished up top from the pull off to the reservoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Moatsy View Post
    well, I only paid 100 including line... craigslist. Luckily Sage doesn't know that.
    I figgered you rich MD types for Hardy reels.....

I am headed to Brigadoon next weekend....sucks to be me.

www.brigadoonlodge.com

Yes, Rebeka will be there... (I hope Ted Turner aint)....
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I figgered you rich MD types for Hardy reels.....

I am headed to Brigadoon next weekend....sucks to be me.

www.brigadoonlodge.com

Yes, Rebeka will be there... (I hope Ted Turner aint)....
    That name brings good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateAngler View Post
    N. Mills was tough 2 weeks ago. Did catch fish- small (size 16) princes, and hare's ears. Fished up top from the pull off to the reservoir.
    The n mills gets whored out more than any other NC stream, way to close to Brevard, Greenville and Asheville. I was up there 3 springs ago and watch (from a distance) 4 messicans, make a rock dam just below the parking area, walk the fish up the stream, and use a 5 gallon bucket.......

I like the north mills only because i can take my dogs and not worry about them getting hit by cars outside of hunting season. Other than that it feels a bit out of place, pulling 16 inch fish out of a 15 foot wide stream for some reason isn't alot of fun when i know they are stocked. I think the Green and the Chattooga are my favorite DH streams.