Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Legal question. Body Armor.

I will say, he is one weird mofo but knows his shit and puts on one hell of a class. He has never even mentioned the LA incident nor bullet proof vest in any of the classes I've attended. However, he does cover in depth little things that actually led up to an officers death. Very interesting and scary to see just how the little things led to tragedy. I'll absolutely not speak for him, but do have some belief that from a risk management point of view, the GP having vest, present more risk to the officers life is something he would quite possibly agree with for several reasons. Whether he thinks they should be legal to the public or not, I have no clue as to his thoughts.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 01-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I imagine he would think the gun, knife, vehicle would pose more risk, but again, I can't stay on topic and talk just about vest.

But maybe there is a rash of cops being beat over the head with body armor that has eluded the mainstream media.
    Last edited by LabLuvR; 01-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Really? Hmmm, I guess you have never had a friend who was an LEO get killed in the line of duty? I guess you failed to watch video of the bank robbery in LA where innocent people were killed because the shot(s) to the bad guys were defeated by....bullet proof vest. So, that makes me an idiot not wanting to see such again, and they surely will. Maybe you're the idiot who only thinks of himself, about something you will most likely never buy nor need in your life.
    No, I haven't. But, my dad died in a car accident not wearing a seatbelt (it wouldn't have mattered in this case anyway). I still don't think you should be required to wear a seatbelt by law. I will never be convinced that it should be mandatory.

Using the death of a friend or loved one as a reason to create laws/restrictions is a flawed way to think. It boils down to personal accoutability.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I've seen too many families lives ruined from a loved one getting killed while not wearing a seat belt. The law is a good one. Now, you guys can hang me twice.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Democrat

Really, just about every state has mandatory seat belt laws. I didn't know all those states were primarily democrat. I learn something new everyday.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Really, just about every state has mandatory seat belt laws. I didn't know all those states were primarily democrat. I learn something new everyday.
    No, you see legislators wanting their name behind a feel good bill. A real emotional issue. Kind of like the four wheeler bill that recently passed, which is a clear infringement on private property rights, and takes into account the government knows how to raise my young'uns better than I do.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I hope they hurry up and make poking myself in the eye with my fork illegal.

I get the nervous sweats everytime I eat.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

BB, you ain't never heard, I hope, a mom let out a blood curling scream when she saw her son dead in an accident. I have. That would not have happened had the kid been wearing a belt. Some feel good laws do save lives. I admit I'm more emotionally charged than most and that effects my views.My life experiences tell me the sealt belt law is a hell of a lot more than feel good legislation.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I admit I'm more emotionally charged than most and that effects my views
    Based on this alone, you should preclude yourself from having any sort of opinion on how another person conducts his business, and life.

At least you are aware of your problem. I agree, seat belts are a good idea. However, if I choose not to wear one, that is my right as an independent and personally responsible entity.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 01-27-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BB, you ain't never heard, I hope, a mom let out a blood curling scream when she saw her son dead in an accident. I have. That would not have happened had the kid been wearing a belt. Some feel good laws do save lives. I admit I'm more emotionally charged than most and that effects my views.My life experiences tell me the sealt belt law is a hell of a lot more than feel good legislation.
    Kids would be even safer if they weren't allowed out of the house.

Why shouldn't we mandate wearing helmets in cars? Same logic as seatbelts. It would save lives. Professional drivers wear them. If it saves just one life it would be worth it, right?

I feel for their loss, but, You know what my mom did, she beat the SHIT out of me if i didnt wear a seatbelt. She was relenting, she made sure everytime I got in a car that i had it on. This was long before seatbelts were mandatory.

Well guess what..... as I hung upside down in my car after it flipped, I couldnt remember putting on my seatbelt, but I had. Not because the Government made me, but because my mother wanted me to. The first thing I did when I saw her was hug her and tell her thank you. It doesnt take a government to save lives, it takes a parent.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Really? Hmmm, I guess you have never had a friend who was an LEO get killed in the line of duty? I guess you failed to watch video of the bank robbery in LA where innocent people were killed because the shot(s) to the bad guys were defeated by....bullet proof vest. So, that makes me an idiot not wanting to see such again, and they surely will. Maybe you're the idiot who only thinks of himself, about something you will most likely never buy nor need in your life.
    As a matter of fact I have watched that video, and it was rough to watch. At the same time, if just one of those officers had been better at hitting what he was shooting at he would have discovered that the perps weren't wearing Kevlar toupees. And I'm willing to bet they weren't wearing bullet proof underwear or long johns... so stop trying to shoot them in the 'bullet proof vest'! Granted, I wasn't there so I'll stop the 20-20 hindsight, but using that situation to falsely pick on GP ownership of vests is BS and smacks of 'Pelosism'.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Wrong... Try again. The north Hollywood shoot out had two casualties. They were both the bad guys... Who were wearing body armor. No good guys were killed. Try again with your ridiculous argument.

And even tho you will not respond, name a logical reason for the law abiding public to not have them.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Okay, now that I have really stirred the pot. Let's move it down a notch. What about felons being retricted from owning vest and not the GP???
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Fuck a felon. They should not be allowed to own heavy flannel shirts.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

BB, I get your point but disagree. Guns and vest are two different things. Tell me again why the GP needs a bullet proof vest? There is no valid reason.
    Plenty of valid reasons. However, I'm not going to jump into this pissing match.