We are spending the week at our lease in Ky. I was able to connect on the third sit. I sat in a lock on over a magnum corn pile on our first afternoon and saw all kind of deer out in front of me. I slipped in the next morning and hung a saddle set where I thought they would be for the first time ever. I saw a small buck and a couple of does, nothing like the night before. I slipped back in there that afternoon and started seeing action within an hour. I kept hearing a deer off to my right but had two bucks to my left. I hit the bleat can an was cut off with a grunt and some stiff leg walking in the dry leaves. I was barely able to get the bow to the other side of the tree before I seen him coming. I got to full draw undetected. He was on a steady walk and was about to pass my tree leaving me with no shot. I tried to stop him but he didn’t have a care in the world. I let it go and hit high, but because he was so close it had a great angle. I heard him crash about 60 yards away. Met the boys back at camp, had a drink, and went back for retrieval. Found him fairly easy. We definitely have a lot bigger deer roaming, but after 2 years of passing on bucks I’m happy with him. Ten point and 219lbs with one horn touching the ground. One day before my late wife’s 42nd birthday!
IMG_1206.jpg
IMG_1188.jpg