Thread: Saddle lyfe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It all depends with the style of hunting that you do and how the saddle fits you as everybody is built differently....it took me a couple of years to finally find one that fit me right for all day rut hunts. I wouldn't base my purchase from a SCducker that's a fanboy of a certain brand, my advice would be to find somebody that has one and see if you can test theirs out. Wish I had done that 4 years ago as it would have saved me a lot of $$$ and uncomfortable sits.

For bowhunting I've tried Cruz, Aero, Trophyline and they just didn't fit me right and the Tethrd Mantis fit me like a glove.

As far as a platform goes I use the trophyline mission for my spots that are less than a mile hike in and anything further than that I'll use my Tethrd predator to cut down on some weight....I promise that it's ok if your platform and saddle aren't the same brand!

I rock a JX3, primarily for gun hunting, and it's awesome...it's a little extra weight on the hike in but an extremely comfortable setup I just don't prefer it when I'm toting the bow but others swear by it.
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 02-11-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge