Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowe boats

Default Lowe boats

I'm in the market for a 17-18 ft center console boat used for fishing and hunting. I've looked at the G3 and War Eagle in person. I have not looked at the Lowe but I found one in Ladson that I plan on going to see Wednesday. Can anybody tell me why they are priced lower than the others. Built cheaper? It does have a Mercury motor vs Yamahas on the other 2. Anybody? Thanks in advance.

There is a big difference between a cheap boat and a quality boat - do yourself a favor and don't get the Lowe or a Mercury - just my opinion.

And, if you're looking at new - consider having War Eagle build a boat exactly to your specifications - it'll likely be cheaper than buying a new one off of a lot somewhere.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Meh...get what you can afford. Lowe...whatever. If that's what want to pay. It's about like buying a sea fox. They sell a lot of them. And there's not a damn thing wrong with a mercury.

War Eagle + Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Meh...get what you can afford. Lowe...whatever. If that's what want to pay. It's about like buying a sea fox. They sell a lot of them. And there's not a damn thing wrong with a mercury.
    That’s like saying Big Macs are quality hamburgers. Yeah they sell a shit ton of them to poor people and people that don’t know any better.

Either get a quality used boat/motor or save up until you can get a quality new boat/motor.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Grizzly Tracker if you are on a budget. And screw anything with horizontal ribs.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

We take a lowe roughneck with a 50 mercury to Arkansas and have beat the absolute shit out of that thing and its never missed a lick. I would say take a look at xpress. They have a cc series that has a pretty nice layout. I have an 18xplr and it fishes great but its hard to hide that big thing so I don't do much hunting out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    That’s like saying Big Macs are quality hamburgers. Yeah they sell a shit ton of them to poor people and people that don’t know any better.

Either get a quality used boat/motor or save up until you can get a quality new boat/motor.
    If I'm poor and I want a boat now, I'll buy Lowe 7 days a week. If I'm rich and don't want to spend a ton of money on a boat I'll still buy a Lowe 7 days a week. This mentality that you "have to buy" an expensive boat to think it's quality is shit and why many people are in debt over their eyeballs. Just because you can afford a $250/month boat payment spread out over 12 years doesn't mean you can "afford" the boat. I drive a 17 year old truck, my big boat is 19 years old and my riveted jon boat 36 years old and I have just as much fun on the water as the next guy with all new stuff. And my Mercuries have never left me stranded anywhere...none of them and I've had a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    If I'm poor and I want a boat now, I'll buy Lowe 7 days a week. If I'm rich and don't want to spend a ton of money on a boat I'll still buy a Lowe 7 days a week. This mentality that you "have to buy" an expensive boat to think it's quality is shit and why many people are in debt over their eyeballs. Just because you can afford a $250/month boat payment spread out over 12 years doesn't mean you can "afford" the boat. I drive a 17 year old truck, my big boat is 19 years old and my riveted jon boat 36 years old and I have just as much fun on the water as the next guy with all new stuff. And my Mercuries have never left me stranded anywhere...none of them and I've had a lot.
    But they look way more cooler than you. Just ask them. Hard to grind in a raggedy boat bruh. #Paymentlife
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Amen Reel!

If you have a payment plan for a jon boat that’s a whole other story all together, but that’s not the point I was trying to make.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I wouldn't want to take a riveted Jon Boat across Charleston Harbor. I've taking my SeaArk plenty of times though.

I would almost rather wear a pair of Jordache jeans then buy a Grizzly Jon Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    If you have a payment plan for a jon boat that’s a whole other story all together, but that’s not the point I was trying to make.
    Have you researched the price of these "jon" boats lately??? Unfortunately "jon" boats are a thing of the past unless you're wanting a little 12 footer to throw in a pond. Todays aluminum boats are all way overpriced. Hell, I was looking at the new Xpress 185 Skiff yesterday with a 115 SHO on the back and it had a price tag of $26,000!!!! That's insane!!!! Even a modest 1650 from whoever your favorite brand is with a 50hp on the back is coming in somewhere around $14,000 if you're buying new!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I would almost rather wear a pair of Jordache jeans then buy a Grizzly Jon Boat.
    I laughed out loud.

Damn, those were like late 70's
    Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Everybody tried to tell me how much I'd end up regretting buying a Carolina Skiff with a Suzuki on it. "Save your money and buy a quality boat" "You'll hate that POS when the chop gets up" "It'll beat you to death"

All those statements were and are horseshit. I've had that Skiff 5 years and still love it

Save some money and buy a Lowe if you want one, and fuck anybody that don't like it. It ain't their damn money........
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 06-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I fished a 1992 Lowe 16ft side console with a 25 Johnson for 12 years until I bought my first flats boat. Ran it from Hobcaw creek to Bulls bay more times than I can count, fished the jetties, was slow, rode like shit but never missed a lick!

A Johnson? Da hell you say! Gotta have a Yammer Hammer Bo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Everybody tried to tell me how much I'd end up regretting buying a Carolina Skiff with a Suzuki on it. "Save your money and buy a quality boat" "You'll hate that POS when the chop gets up" "It'll beat you to death"

All those statements were and are horseshit. I've had that Skiff 5 years and still love it

Save some money and buy a Lowe if you want one, and fuck anybody that don't like it. It ain't their damn money........

What he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you slide the filet knife into a fish or load your dog up for a hunting trip they don’t give a shit what the name is on the side of the boat. Same with a deer that gets killed by a $200 10 year old bow...bo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk