Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What can we do

Let's not criticize fellow hunters. Dog hunting is as honorable a form of hunting as still hunting by all means. It is very inconsiderate of dog hunters to let their dogs off of their property where they may ruin others hunts. It is inconsiderate of still hunters to try to take away the privilidges of dog hunters just because they do not like or understand dog hunting.
    Go ahead, fight amongst yourselves. Let Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and Chuck Schumer laugh their asses off while we hamper each other and they work to end all hunting as we know it. I am primarily a still hunter, yet I can think of nothing more exhilliarating than the sound of the chase. Yes, I have had hunts "ruined", but what if a 9 yr old boy took his first deer in the process and became another lifelong hunter who will help protect my heritage, and my two boy's hopes of being able to hunt in the future. If it bothers you so, fence the dogs out, or speak reasonably with the dog hunters about working out a time when they will respect your right to a quiet, uninterrupted hunt. In return, let them know you will not complain to the leaseholder they have a relationship with about curtailing their rights to pursue a few of our one million plus woodgoats in the manner they so choose. There are plenty of deer, a dwindleing number of hunters, and more animal rights whackos than you can shake a stick at. Get over it!

Dems
    That comment is so stupid, it does not deserve a response.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

This shit needs to end soon. Nutz and I were on the way to hunt this evening in NE Kershaw and was rolling down a MAJOR highway and damn if a 1/2 mile stretch wasnt lined with doggers with shotguns ready. If that wasnt good enough, we get to the tract and dogs are running right where I chose to sit. I went ahead and sat and saw nothing, zero, zilch.

Saw another crowd around lunch time in the same area lined up on 341. Friggin disturbing shit going on.
    Hey G-belly welcome to the area lol

Ought to try Lee county. Ol Jimmy Tidwell was always so busy writing tickets to us for no whistle in the lynches or no lifejacket in a sneakboat on a private beaverpond off 341 that he apparantly never had a chance to address the CB, roadhunting, radio collared doghunters in that area

Watch out G-belly, there was a fella shot up that way about two or three years ago over the dog issue. Fella got out the truck with his mother in it if i remember correctly, walked up to the truck with man and son in it and shot the father..... many of those SOB's are outlaws... call game theif, hunting a highway is illegal I do beleive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

What an insightful reply S&A... did you actually read the post? Seems to me the just of it is that we all have a right to hunt and a responsibility to pass the tradition on to our children. Dems has a point... infighting weakens any group. Look at the SC Rep party and the way they waste time & $$$$$ every election...what's left?! The meek candidates are the only ones left standing to lead us... we're still in charge an' all but damn!
    Way to make new members feel welcome

Originally posted by DemsRstupid:
    It is inconsiderate of still hunters to try to take away the privilidges of dog hunters just because they do not like or understand dog hunting.[QB}

EVERYONE understands it... we just do not want dogs on our land. No one wants to take away doggers rights... if they would keep their dogs on property they have rights to, there would be no bitching. As it is, they hunt their place and hunt our place by proxy.

[QB} If it bothers you so, fence the dogs out, or speak reasonably with the dog hunters about working out a time when they will respect your right to a quiet, uninterrupted hunt.

I will not fence the dogs out as it is not MY RESPONSIBILITY to keep them off of my property. It IS the dog hunters responsibility to keep them on THEIR property. Let me ask you this... if my neighbor has a herd of cattle, should I have to erect a fence to keep them off of the property that I own???

[QB]In return, let them know you will not complain to the leaseholder they have a relationship with about curtailing their rights to pursue a few of our one million plus woodgoats in the manner they so choose.
    Once again, I should not have to accomodate someone else's hunting on my land. The doggers would not like me going on their land with my dogs...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Rock,
    If I remember correctly this happened on Flat Rock Road and just a year or so later the son of the man killed was ran over( killed also) by I think his cousin on the same road just up from my property and the hunting club the fellow was in at the time his father was shot told the local warden whom I know that he was no longer associated with them even though he had a membership card in his wallet. They drove around the accident on the way to put out standers if my memory serves me right. I have land on the county line on that road and the dogs run through my property if one of the two dog clubs in the area hunt close and they generally do but most of the time the local deer just move around to accomidate the visitors. Dogs and deer.
    Bone....

Pipe,

You have every right to want your preferred method of hunting to be treated equally. The reason I don't buy your argument is this. When PEOPLE decide to come onto your land and hunt, it doesn't have anything to do with their preferred method of hunting. If they get caught, the penalties can be very severe. If dogs are hunting on my property (regardless of their owner's intent) there is no real option for me under the current regulations except to have my hunt ruined. Since some doggers that don't have high standards for being neighbors like you do, they take advantage of this loophole. I personally don't care if doghunting is banned or not. I enjoyed fall turkey hunting in the upstate as a kid and that is no longer legal. That decision had nothing to do with me or my heritage, but had everything to do with the greater good of turkeys and sustainable populations for the future. If I was concerned about the future of doghunting, I'd be pushing for regulations that would solve the problem without creating a ban. Bottom line, doghunting is no less noble a hunting method than still hunting, BUT the way it is often practiced in this state is a net loss for the common good.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Sounds like ya'll feel pretty strongly about this topic, so I'll piss some of ya'll off and add my two cents. Dog hunting deer (in my lowly opinion) is not sporting, and should be banned. I live in an area where it hasn't been a problem, but there are lots of rabbit hunters, and coon hunters. If you wanna hunt a dog, stick to rabbits and coons. You can't compare deer hunting dogs to fowl dogs, cause all fowl dogs do is go get the prey AFTER you shoot it. I wish I had a dog who could fly and drive the ducks to me. Then I might change my mind about deer drives. Until then, grab your nuts and sit in a deer stand like the rest of us.
    "My Give-a-damn is busted."

Originally posted by Stripa Swipa:
    If I was concerned about the future of doghunting, I'd be pushing for regulations that would solve the problem without creating a ban.
    Now that makes sense. Put the liability where it belongs. Make the dog owner responsible for his dogs actions.

A LOT of guys put dogs out where they fully expect the dogs to cross onto someone elses property.