Thread: Sumter National Forest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    If your handle wasn't the Conservative and they didn't like your tee shirt. Some of these fellows would write ugly things about cyber scouting.
    He's not cyber-scouting. He's asking for advice about how to learn how to hunt vast public land acreage. I've seen cyberscouting; this isn't it. I'm forever indebted to folks who took the time to tell me generalities like this.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Conservative,try this-

1- Get a map of the WMA. Call DNR in Columbia if you have to, they will mail you one.

2- refer to my post above

3- hit the woods, if scouting during legal hunting times do not park near anyone, go some where else, come back later. Wear a orange hat and orange vest when in the woods.

Don't let anyone discourage you from hunting the government woods. Be smart, don't make it easy for a theif. I grew up in the 80s hunting SNF around Salem Crossroads and killed a bunch of deer there.I've also killed many from the Francis Marion. Times have changed and deer may be a little harder to kill but they are there.

I've spent the last 10-12 years hunting clubs, I gave it up last year due too much politics and other bullshit. I'm going back to the government woods myself. Each one is a trade off but at the end of the day a 90 lb cow forn killed out of the government woods eats just as good as a 8pt off of a corn pile.

Good luck