Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meal vs Bait Binder

Default Meal vs Bait Binder

Looking to make a quick trip later this week and used up the last of my meal. Looking to save some time. Anyone use Bait Binder?

it works

It works just fine if you're in a bind, no pun intended.

Sent a text. I'm down there Friday to Wednesday. Plan your trip accordigly
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

save yourself the gas money and just eat kitty litter. scrimp caught over bait tastes like crap compared to the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    save yourself the gas money and just eat kitty litter. scrimp caught over bait tastes like crap compared to the real deal
    Hmmmmmmmmm, yea believe this cat if you want.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 10-01-2012 at 07:02 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

People always say that but it doesn't bother me. Pinch the bottom of the head first when cleaning and the vein will come right out (most of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    People always say that but it doesn't bother me. Pinch the bottom of the head first when cleaning and the vein will come right out (most of the time)
    If you know the proper way to de-head them then yep you're right. But I've never been able to tell bait caught shrimp over others.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

If you're only going out one or two more times this season grab the binder.. ive always used meal but I know a few guys that use it and it works fine..
    Quote Originally Posted by Baybuster View Post
    Highflyer kills ducks. I've seen this. Don't be mistaken little fella.

I've been shrimping for many years and have progressed from digging red clay with my father, to using drilling clay, to bait binder and I will never go back. No more mixing and making bait balls in the yard before hand and it is so much less messy. I can mix the bait binder in the boat and make the balls in thirty minutes or less now. It only takes an amount the size of a raquetball to make a ball versus the softball sized ones with clay because it lasts so much longer. If there is a price difference, it's not enough to negate the convenience.

Thats all i use now. Good stuff.

Deep Hole...no bait, no poles, no mess, modified net w/ fan....game over

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I don't see how going out an catching shrimp with a cast net and having them fresh isn't the real deal. you must like those frozen shrimp in the bags at walmart

Baitbinder is good stuff. its much more convenient

Quote Originally Posted by jlongsc View Post
    Deep Hole...no bait, no poles, no mess, modified net w/ fan....game over
    ^This
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Where can I get menhadian oil?

Right next to the bait binder at Haddrells in West Ashley.

To be more specific where in Columbia?

I don't know if it works but its dang sure easier

If you don't think bait can be tasted in shrimp, try using two day old bait balls. Not only will you taste it, the shrimp will spoil if you don't get them frozen quickly.

What somebody needs to invent is a garlic butter flavored fish meal. Maybe bacon flavored too.

Back in the early days of shrimp baiting, before we had laws and when folks were shooting at each other over turf, I experimented with ways to simplify and make more convenient the process of making bait balls. I tried freezing them, drying them, different recipes., etc. One batch, I made a day early and tried to sun dry them on a tarp in the back yard. An afternoon thunderstorm came up and washed them all into my lawn. I couldn't look my neighbors in the eye for two weeks after that. Flies took over the neighborhood. My next attempt was to dry them on the gas grill. I made a batch of bait patties, spread them on the grill and dried them out slowly. The next day, while I was at work, some crack head flea market vendor type thieves drove up my driveway and loaded my grill into their rape van while my neighbors watched. I still wonder what they thought when they opened it and found the clay burgers on the grate. I hope they ate them and died.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If you don't think bait can be tasted in shrimp, try using two day old bait balls. Not only will you taste it, the shrimp will spoil if you don't get them frozen quickly.

What somebody needs to invent is a garlic butter flavored fish meal. Maybe bacon flavored too.

Back in the early days of shrimp baiting, before we had laws and when folks were shooting at each other over turf, I experimented with ways to simplify and make more convenient the process of making bait balls. I tried freezing them, drying them, different recipes., etc. One batch, I made a day early and tried to sun dry them on a tarp in the back yard. An afternoon thunderstorm came up and washed them all into my lawn. I couldn't look my neighbors in the eye for two weeks after that. Flies took over the neighborhood. My next attempt was to dry them on the gas grill. I made a batch of bait patties, spread them on the grill and dried them out slowly. The next day, while I was at work, some crack head flea market vendor type thieves drove up my driveway and loaded my grill into their rape van while my neighbors watched. I still wonder what they thought when they opened it and found the clay burgers on the grate. I hope they ate them and died.
    I can't stop laughing thinking about this!!!