Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AV Plugs

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default AV Plugs

I had forgotten about these things until I ran across an article just now. They are anal plugs, or actually AV Plugs, used by embalmers on the body of someone who has died. They don't use them on every cadaver, but they use them fairly often.

The reason I say I had forgotten about them is because when I was a kid I spent a lot of time with my aunt and uncle. I spent a lot of nights with them when my parents were working. My uncle worked for a funeral home and back then if there was a body there someone always spent the night. So on nights he had to be there we all stayed in a large bedroom upstairs. The bedroom was also used to store some of the new caskets before they were put out for display for people to chose one buy it. So I went to the bathroom many nights and had to walk by a bunch of caskets.

My uncle sometimes had to go down to the parlor and embalm a body. When I was 12 he started letting me go down with him. That's where I saw a lot of these plugs. The one in the picture is an AV Plug for the anus and vagina. There are different sized ones, there's smaller ones they screw into gunshot wounds and sometimes where a trocar is used, etc. The reason they use them is to keep any fluids from leaking out of the embalmed body.

Not everyone uses AV Plugs. Some embalmers have an aversion to them for some reason. They just pack cotton in the anus or wherever a leak could occur.

Here's a quick little how-to on embalming if anyone is interested:

The body is placed on the embalmers stainless steel table and all their clothes removed. The body is washed down with a strong antiseptic. The mouth and nose are wiped out with a large cotton swab before the mouth is stitched closed. This is done with a large curved suturing needle and a piece of nylon string. The needle is pushed up under the chin, through into the mouth, through the top of the mouth and out through the nose. The other end is also put through the chin, into the mouth, through the nose and tied to the other end where it is pulled tight and tied off. The loose ends are pushed down the back of the nose out of sight. Little plastic serrated caps are inserted under the eyelids to keep them closed. An incision is then made in the side of the neck and cut down to locate the main vein and artery. These are clamped, tied and cut. A pump with about 8-10 litres of embalming fluid is connected to the artery and slowly put into the body. The vein is left open to allow the blood to drain from the body. This process may be repeated on the other side if the circulation is not good or the legs may be done separately if the circulation is poor as is often the case with elderly people. The next stage involves making an incision in the abdomen and inserting a device called a trocar. This is a sharp metal probe connected to a suction apparatus which basically punctures all the organs. This is first pushed up into the heart, to bleed and create tracts in the tissues for the formaldehyde to permeate. The lungs, liver, kidneys etc get the same treatment before it is pointed the other way to damage the bladder intestines etc. A bottle of formaldehyde is then poured into the abdominal cavity which stops any decomposing and gas formation. (bloated bodies).

A plastic plug is then screwed into the hole to stop any leaks, the cuts in the neck or groin area are superglued together and in the case of a possible leak from the anus or vagina, a large threaded plastic device is screwed into place.
    Looking back it's a wonder if I ain't messed up in the head.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-01-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

You are!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Confirmation that I'm going to be cremated.
    It's always High Tide in the High Tide

Gezzz Dude.

Most of your posts are off the chain and I enjoy them. I know you do not care about my opinion but that is some weird shit and you could have kept that in your memory banks. OK now you can sock it to me. It's just that I have nightmares about things that I read and I always read your stuff, oh I could not read that stuff about the serial killers and needles and all, but damn.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Looking back it's a wonder if I ain't messed up in the head.
    Mergie,
    Had anyone else authored this thread, I would have never opened it. I really don't know whether that's a compliment or not...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Just so you know that's not normal.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Being 12 and watching dead folks get plugged in the ass may have just molded ya into who you are today.

Either be thankful for one of life's odd lessons or beat the shit outta your uncle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Merg,

Your Unc fed you a line of shit. Apparently you ran across his fetish toys.

Keep up with the times Mergie - here's what the modern guys are using...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Merg that's some fucked up stuff.

I wanted to be mounted. People can use my pecker as a coat rack

Quote Originally Posted by budro westmoreland View Post
    Most of your posts are off the chain and I enjoy them. I know you do not care about my opinion but that is some weird shit and you could have kept that in your memory banks. OK now you can sock it to me. It's just that I have nightmares about things that I read and I always read your stuff, oh I could not read that stuff about the serial killers and needles and all, but damn.

You need to toughen up. Go spend some time at a funeral home.

And it's really not weird, it's what some people do for a career. They go to college to major in this stuff. Someone has to do it. It's done many times every day. There's probably someone doing it right now somewhere in America.

We just don't like to think about it because when we read stuff like this we picture ourselves as the cadaver. That confuses us because we can't think like the dead, they don't think. So we now have an unknown, and all humans are scared of the unknown.

Squatty it was at Blyth when it was in the Old Home Place.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

You know you are right I need to toughen up, I am fighting bladder cancer, it might help if if I toughen up and not think about death. Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by budro westmoreland View Post
    You know you are right I need to toughen up, I am fighting bladder cancer, it might help if if I toughen up and not think about death. Asshole
    Sorry man, but maybe you didn't see this..." "...at the end of the sentence.

I'm seriously sorry about what you are going through and I will be praying for you.

But just because you have health issues doesn't give you license to wear a chip on your shoulder, waiting for someone to come along and knock it off so you can call them an asshole. You saw what this thread was about as soon as you started reading. You could easily have clicked away.

You don't have to dwell on death, I certainly don't, but you can't hide from it. Your time may come before mine, or it may not. One thing is for sure, we are all going to die. I'm 59 years old, odds are if I'm lucky I get 20 more years. But with the history of the men in my family that's not likely. 15 is probably a more realistic number.

Do you know how fast 15 or 20 years go by? I do, it seems like last month I graduated from high school. It seems like last week my first grandson was born, he's almost 18.

You just grab as much of the good stuff as you can while you are here. Bottom line, it's coming for all of us. It's simply another part of nature, the cycle of life.

Good luck man, you have my prayers from here.

If only a fellow mod could delete a fellow mod's post.....this would be the one.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

Quote Originally Posted by KCM View Post
    If only a fellow mod could delete a fellow mod's post.....this would be the one.
    Thing is how was I supposed to know Bud had cancer? If he posted it before I didn't see it. PLUS.....reading comprehension would help. I was joking about the "toughen up", hence the smiley face at the end of the sentence.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-01-2012 at 06:56 PM.

It really sucks that Budro is having to deal with some really serious stuff, and I think any of us who believe in prayer should spend some time lifting him up.

But obviously, Mergie either didn't know or certainly wasn't thinking about that when he made his post. I truly believe that MM has nothing but best wishes for Budro.

This place is free-wheeling, and nothing Mergie said is untrue. A cardinal principle of this site is, if you don't like it, don't read it.

And while no man is ever always right, I will put Mergie's intellect up against anyone's on the site.

Hey, its cool, I like 99 percent of Mergs posts, lets not bash him. Not my intent. Seriously, no harm done. Thanks everyone. I do not think I have a chip anyone who knows me will tell you I am first to help a friend, do not know a stranger and will give you my last dime. My shop is full of teenagers that I mentor in the art of hunting, and try to give back to my community. No chip here, just thought as alot of posts folks are so fast to lash out and be kinda harsh. I hope i did not offend. Sorry