Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $7500 straight out to buy ATV 4x4...Which One!

Default $7500 straight out to buy ATV 4x4...Which One!

I have been researching, riding, and thinking for a while. I'm buying brand new, going to get a few dealer extras, and a good ol warranty...My questions is the Polaris 800 could fit that price range...but the Brute Force 750 is out of that range! Any other machines pretty close to these sizes and features that I should be taking time to look into. I've had an old Honda Foreman 500..its been great and still runs but too small, and not strong enough for a few jobs around the farm...Any ideas? Or thoughts? Thanks!

Only thing you'd catch me on other than a Honda Forman 500 (best four wheeler ever made in my opinion) is a Yamaha Grizzly 700. I'd only go there if I lived somewhere that my life didn't depend on the machine getting me back home. That's why when I moved to Alaska, where I knew there would be no dealer for service, and no recovery company to come get me when it broke, I bought a brand new Foreman 500. It was the biggest machine I could get that still had an emergency pull starter and the dependability to take me home each time. I can't imagine that you could possibly have any chore that it wouldn't handle that any other four wheeler could! If the Foreman won't handle it then you should be using a truck anyway!!

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

not to hijack the mans thread but RK those are some pretty cool pictures withe ice/snow and mts in the back ground.

X2
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." -Robert E. Lee

I like my rancher over the foreman. More hp on a smaller frame.

yamaha grizzly 700

If you need bigger I would go to a UTV.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

I have been really happy with my Rancher......I have never wished it was bigger.

I would either buy the Rancher, put some nice tires and rims on it, install a winch and pocket a grand or look at UTV's.

Rancher, Foreman or a UTV

My FIL had a Foreman 500, the power that thing had was crazy until we got a 620 Gator (that's like having a small 4wd truck but now I want one of the diesels).
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 09-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

If you don't buy Honda you will regret it.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Does anyone other than Honda make an atv?

Honda.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

How about the Honda Rincon 680?

A Honda will be the only 4 wheeler I will ever own.

Had a recon since 1998 and that thing won't die.

Rode one from 87 a few weeks back and it ran great.

I got a rancher 350 and love it. 2wd but can go almost anywhere my 4wd buddies can, but a few scenarios just need the two wheels. The 2wd is light though. Get the rancher with the 2wd/4wd option, and if you can't get it done with that, you don't need a four wheeler, you need a trackhoe or a racecar

Buy a polaris, your ass will thank you later.

If you hunt alot, save you a couple grand more and go buy a new polaris big boss 6x6. I've been on everything, thats the baddest and most usful machine ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Buy a polaris, your ass will thank you later.

If you hunt alot, save you a couple grand more and go buy a new polaris big boss 6x6. I've been on everything, thats the baddest and most usful machine ever made.
    We got one of the big boss 6x6's when they came out with all shaft driven axles. It is a bad bitch, would run 58mph down the highway which was way to fast. It was as close to 6x6 Ranger as you are going to get, they are the best machine on the market hands down. A gator won't handle a candle to them.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    We got one of the big boss 6x6's when they came out with all shaft driven axles. It is a bad bitch, would run 58mph down the highway which was way to fast. It was as close to 6x6 Ranger as you are going to get, they are the best machine on the market hands down. A gator won't handle a candle to them.
    Yep but its not a job to drive like a ranger, you can go alot more places and can have fun on them. Not to mention you put a set of mudlights all the way around and there is not a thing out there that will follow you. I looked for a used one the past year and a half, hard, never could find one so i had to wait 2 months on a new one. Becuase no one gets rid of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

honda or yamaha