Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One and Done

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    You all do realize the fishing line is for locating and keeping track of the gator so you can stick him with a heavy line using a bow, harpoon, crossbow etc right?

Whatever you wanna use man....

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Whatever you wanna use man....
    Our way seems to be working fine, but I am always open to new ideas. If you have a better, or even just a diffrent way I am all ears.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I use 200# Fast Flight Bowfishing line on a Abu Garcia bait caster. It only holds about 40-45yds of line but I'll break the rod before the line will break. It doesn't stretch.

Power Pro 250 works good also.

How does it cast. We use the heavy braid or mono and let the gator pull the boat and use the trolling motor as well. The break we had the other morning was most likely because of old line or a poorly set drag. If we have one get loose it is usually because the hook works loose instead of the line breaking.

I may try a heavier line if we get a tag next year but we only had the one this year.

It casts smooth and accurate. I can empty the spool on a cast no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    You all do realize the fishing line is for locating and keeping track of the gator so you can stick him with a heavy line using a bow, harpoon, crossbow etc right?
    I bet they dont.

Fat lizard flocky. Good work.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have got a couple nice ones out that same spot. It is a good spot. Congrats on a nice lizard.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt Master View Post
    I have got a couple nice ones out that same spot. It is a good spot. Congrats on a nice lizard.

Shush now, it can be our little secret. Actually there were two other boats in there which kind of surprised me. I thought you and me were the only ones who knew about this place.

We usually try and get a bow shot on anything that is on the surface. Have a guy standing at the ready with a rod and reel in case it goes under before we get in range. I like the idea of the bow fishing line spooled up. I'll have to give it a try this weekend. Prob do a little more day hunting since the weather has cooled down. Congrats again on a nice lizard!