Thread: Do hogs @ deer mix ?

It seems that the deer numbers on our club are going down in direct correlation with the hog numbers going up. Are the hogs displacing the deer because the deer will not compete with them at the food sources or am I imagening things?
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

You better kill every one of those snooters... you will not have any turkeys either.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

You can work on them with guns, but to move most of them off the property, you need to use dogs. Let me know if you need some help... the dogs will make them leave.

Hogs are a blast to hunt on someone else's property.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Hogs suck kill every damn one. We have killed almost 2 tons in the last 20 days since the rivers have risen. They will run deer off in a heartbeat... even more so when some rubberhead new member in a club dumps 2 55gal. barrels of corn out for them. Happens to us every couple of years and we eat a lot of BBQ while we are cleaning them out.
    I say kill 'em all!

Ditto S&A and MG.

The recent floods have whiped out a bunch of them (along with fawns [img]redface.gif[/img] ). Depends on where you hunt if you get the pigs that are fleeing to high ground or the carcasess of the ones who drowned.

let me give you the bad news first;
    Hogs are like herpes,once you get it you got it for life. They may get better,even seem like they have gone away,but they will always come back with a vengence.
    Your only choice now is killing every single one you can.Big ones little ones and every size in between.there is nothing sportsman-like about hogs and some won't have the stomach to kill a sow and then 8 piglets but you have to take them all out of the equasion.
    Your hog population would have to be extreme to drasticly decrease your deer herd but unchecked hogs will breed at an alarming rate.
    Let me know if you need an extra shooter,perhaps a SC Ducks shootout after deer season is over!
    Trying to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Here Here! Community hog hunt!

You need to employ some sort of sickness into the equation, i.e., a pandemic.

if you have hogs, you will always have hogs. no matter what all these guys say, you can't get rid of them forever. its like fire ants....you think you can kill them, and you may even accomplish it for a while, but they will come back.

trap them. shoot them. hunt them with dogs. eat them. grill them. yummy are them hogs.

poet laureate of scducks....

that being said, I (like the rest of these yahoos) would be willing to participate in the hog slaying when the time comes. i, too, have buddies that hunt them with dogs and it is fun.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.