Thread: First Hunt

Today I took my three year old little girl deer hunting. It was perhaps the best hunt that I have ever been on. I waited until late to go and sit so we would only have to sit for about an hour. We got into the stand at six thirty and as we were walking in and she got to see two deer standing at the edge of the woods. Of course they didn't hang out very long but she still got to see something. I took her small binoculars and she sat in my lap and saw everything through her noculars as she calls them. We saw skunks, owls, and other animals that she could pretend to see. Someone else killed a hog that weighed about two hundred pounds. She wasn't too crazy about it but it did not seem to really bother her. I have tried to instill in her that the reason we hunt is for food and she seems to understand that. I know there are alot of people on here that have experienced this and I hope it was good for ya'll also. If I would've remembered the Chex mix in the truck she would have lasted about another ten minutes. No big deal we made it an hour. I was extremely happy.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

That is fantastic... I would like to have seen her eyes...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

That's awesome Huntin, keep takin' her. Start em young & teach em' right.!!
    S.C. - Standing alone against Northern aggression since 1861 (LAT)