Thread: Aquatics Meeting

#07–68 March 12, 2007

Aquatic Plant Management group will meet March 15 in Columbia

The Aquatic Plant Management Council will meet 10 a.m. Thursday, March 15 in Columbia to review public comments for the draft 2007 State Aquatic Plant Management Plan for all public waters.

The meeting, which is open to the public, will be held in the S.C. Department of Natural Resources (DNR) boardroom (Room 335) in the Rembert C. Dennis Building, 1000 Assembly St., in Columbia. Steven de Kozlowski, assistant deputy director of the Land, Water and Conservation Division, will chair the meeting. Anyone with business for the council should contact Chris Page at pagec@dnr.sc.gov or (803) 755-2836.

The S.C. Aquatic Plant Management Council, in conjunction with DNR, is responsible for the management of nuisance aquatic plants in the state’s public waters. Each year the DNR and the council prepare a statewide Aquatic Plant Management Plan that identifies aquatic weed problem areas, prescribes management strategies and determines funding needs. Public input and review is an important part of the planning process.

The key agenda items for the Aquatic Plant Management Council's March 15 meeting include:

Review of public comments for the draft 2007 South Carolina Aquatic Plant Management Plan

Modification of the plan based on comments and discussion

Approval of the 2007 Aquatic Plant Management Plan

I have commented on that thing in the past. It does little to no good for individuals to comment. Our legislature or DNR (the ones who give a hoot about wildlife, not turbines) has to get involved to remind the weed killers that the lakes were meant to be more than just power generators and substrates for water skiing
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.