Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Murray

Default Lake Murray

Helping Daniel out by taking some kids fishing for there tourney and haven't fished Murray in two years. Any kind of help would be much appreciated. Not asking for gps waypoints. Just some help so kids can enjoy themselves and catch fish. Thanks 295.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

It's may Fish points that doesn't change

Bomb Island
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Take plenty of gas because your going to be running all around the lake chasing fish. Good luck.
    :FYT:

Big thanks to 295Pro and CowboysFan for helping out with the SC Juniors State Championship this weekend on Lake Murray. We are fishing out of Dreher Island with weigh ins at 3:00. Seems like last year they were on points that held herring. My guess would be carolina rig on points or t-rigs on docks. Hell, you may be able to catch a few on drop shots. Either way- any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Bah! Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Big thanks to 295Pro and CowboysFan for helping out with the SC Juniors State Championship this weekend on Lake Murray. We are fishing out of Dreher Island with weigh ins at 3:00. Seems like last year they were on points that held herring. My guess would be carolina rig on points or t-rigs on docks. Hell, you may be able to catch a few on drop shots. Either way- any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    My dad is helping the North Augusta team, the fish they are catching are coming off of rocky points with clear superspooks, and sebile baits. Later in the day they are fishing suspending flukes and jerkbaits.

A green punkin lizard is an old go to bait on murray. I would fish east of rocky creek for this month.

Good luck, and thanks to all who are willing to help these youngsters get in the out of doors.

Topwater bite is pretty good right now, fishing spooks early in the morning. Fishing docks with a texas rig is hit or miss since the herring have already hatched.
    :FYT:

The green pumpkin lizard is the only way go on murray!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Cherry seed and walamelon red have they place too, just maybe westward.

Dook, my buddy runs the N.A. team. Me and him will be up this week trying to find something. Hopefully I can get them on a river bite. Good group of kids. I'm glad this is all happening for all the kids. I'll post whatever we catch.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMSTICK069 View Post
    Dook, my buddy runs the N.A. team. Me and him will be up this week trying to find something. Hopefully I can get them on a river bite. Good group of kids. I'm glad this is all happening for all the kids. I'll post whatever we catch.
    Is your buddy my brother, who works at Firestone? And please tell me you are not TP.... I know after the money was stolen things changed a bit. I was very proud of them getting the sponsors to come off the goods for the kids. I like a river bite, and spent many summers up little and big, never crossing the forks. Hell we have caught fish up there full of eggs in July.

I love some floating worm fishin up there this time of year, watching those bass chase it out from under the grass is fun, specially for the kids.

No I'm not TP. Both are dear friends of mine. Worked out there with both of them for a long time. I think me you and your brother may have shot birds together last year. I have let them fish my boat in their tournaments and think they're doing a hell of job.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

There are a lot of new submerged trees after the series of storms last summer.

Primary/secondary points that have tall pines on them. Throw a spinnerbait or a fluke. You will crush them.

shakey head. up big river or go fish the points toward the damn and if you find some skooling throw a sammy.
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Smartest thing written in this thread. Summer time bassin I WILL have a green lizard Texas rigged.

No I'm not TP. Both are dear friends of mine. Worked out there with both of them for a long time. I think me you and your brother may have shot birds together last year. I have let them fish my boat in their tournaments and think they're doing a hell of job.
    I am the one that lives in Raleigh.....I wish I got to shoot birds with my brother last year...I work all the damned time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    I am the one that lives in Raleigh.....I wish I got to shoot birds with my brother last year...I work all the damned time.
    Gotcha. Me and him are going tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

Gotcha. Me and him are going tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
    The same thing that happens everytime yall go, big fish come to the side of the boat.

SC Juniors State Championship tomorrow. 1 winner from each age group, (11-14 and 15-18) qualifies for the National Guard Juniors World Championship in conjuction with the Forrest Wood Cup in Gainesville, Georgia. 46 boats, and 92 anglers. Weigh ins at 3:00pm at Dreher Island tournament ramp. Should be cool to watch, good luck to the Camden guys (and gal). Anyone else gonna be there?
    Bah! Humbug!

Gotta work, but I'll be pulling for the North Augusta boys! I wish all of them luck and hope everyone is safe.