Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icey-Tek VS Yeti

Default Icey-Tek VS Yeti

I have been looking and I am leaning towards the Icey-Tek seeing that is where Yeti originated from and the weight of the Yeti is horrible compared to the Icey-Tek. Lets hear what you have to say about either one.

I'll stick with my 25.00 48 qt Igloo. Not to take anything away from the high dollar stuff, just cant afford that sort of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Would you rather spend 300 bucks for a yeti or buy an extra bag of ice?

Quote Originally Posted by drylok17 View Post
    Would you rather spend 300 bucks for a yeti or buy an extra bag of ice?
    extra bag of ice every day for 1/2 a year and the yeti pays for itself

So far I dont have a problem with my Yeti, it seems worth it too me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TE4RnqT0U[/ame]
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

coleman 5 day, all you need
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

i have had enough of those green sportsman coolers from walmart either blow out my truck , or boat, get stolen by a thief or borrowed by friends or family to have bought and paid for at least 4 or 5 yetis ....

i got the 45qt yeti.

i love it..

just make sure u cool it down before you pour ice in there on a hot day..

2 bags of ice put in cooler= 1 bag lasting 4-5 days in mine

Got a big Icey-tek (270qt) for the boat and love it. The little yeti's are nice if you don't have to carry them around a lot and are going to be leaving in one place (boat, truck) otherwise they get heavy when you load them up.

What I have found out is Icey-Tek was the first cooler of that type and when they quit in 2008 Yeti branched off and started their own. Icey-Teks are a little bit less exspensive and a whole lighter and come in all kinds of colors a a fews different models and anywhere from 25qt to 1100qt

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I guess that someone has to figure just how long they need to keep something cold in a cooler. For a multi day camp out maybe the premium coolers make sense, but to keep something cold for just a couple of days, the Coleman Extreme coolers seem to be the obvious economical choice. In general, I prefer premium "stuff" but sometimes it just ain't worth the money.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I have a 95qt icey tek and its a pretty damn good cooler. Customer support is also excellent( had to buy new latches for it a month ago, got the latches in 3 days). I contacted them by phone and they made me a pretty good deal on a new 170qt as well( havent pulled the trigger on it yet). Yetis and Icey teks are expensive but definetly have their advantages, good hinges, latches, and handles. Mines had bait cut up on the top many times and still havent cut through it yet, have cut through the top of many an igloo.

Not sure the attraction to yetis. I have an Ivey tech I use around. We have a big yeti on the boat. But for going in an out of them a lot they don't hold ice that much longer IMO. They do hold up well. Personally I would go engel or Icy tek
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."- Robert E. Lee

I have a 35qt Engel it will hold ice for days and its easy to clean. Did an inadvertent strength test the other day, put ice in the cooler and forgot to latch the lid down. Noticed it while driving over the IOP connector in the rear view mirror. Lid stayed on and didn't bend the hinge either.

I have a yeti, and like it. But there is not much of a difference in these coolers if you are continuously in and out of them. The main attraction to my yeti is it was too expensive to just leave at anyones house, so I do a better job of keeping up with it. I have had this cooler longer than any other.

Going in and out of any cooler all day long on the boat or in camp kills any cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I'll stick with my 25.00 48 qt Igloo. Not to take anything away from the high dollar stuff, just cant afford that sort of stuff.

Then why dick up the man's thread? If you don't have a worthy opinion on the topic, no need to respond.

The man asked about Icy-tek vs. Yeti. If you like your $25 igloo, good for you. That's not what he asked.

And those that don't understand the Coleman vs. Yeti, you probably don't understand Mossberg vs. Beretta either. Both kill shit. But there is a big difference.
    Last edited by LowcountryBuck; 04-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Just saw these, damn good price on a good looking product. $30 shipping on the 155qt isnt bad either.

http://www.bruteoutdoors.com/categor...e-Box-Coolers/